T Nation

Are they starting to get it protein is not bad?

http://content.health.msn.com/ content/article/60/67178.htm?pagenumber=1

Sounds like they are begining to get the drift.

I went to this site and found another interesting article. I don’t think I would believe anything they have to say, regardless of what it is, after reading this. They’re full of poop.

Examples:

-medical research shows that consuming too much protein – more than 30% of your total daily caloric intake – could actually harm your body,

-a diet in which protein makes up more than 30% of your caloric intake causes a buildup of toxic ketones. As your kidneys rid your body of these toxic ketones, you can lose a significant amount of water, which puts you at risk of dehydration, particularly if you exercise heavily.

-along with losing water, you lose muscle mass and bone calcium. The dehydration also strains your kidneys and puts stress on your heart.

DOES ANYONE HERE NOT PAY ATTENTION TO HOW MUCH WATER THEY INGEST AT ALL TIMES, LET ALONE WHEN CONSUMING LARGE QUANTITIES OF PROTEIN?

-Most Americans consume more than enough protein in their daily diets.
explains.

HA!

-Ideally, you should consume 0.36 grams of protein for every pound of body weight. So if you weigh 170 pounds, you need about 61 grams of protein each day.

OK, SO AT 220 POUNDS, I NEED ABOUT 79 GRAMS OF PROTEIN. GOOD. I’LL GET THAT FROM BREAKFAST AND THAT LEAVES ME THE REST OF THE DAY TO DO EVERYTHING ELSE I’VE BEEN MISSING OUT ON THESE PAST FEW YEARS WHILE I WASTED MY TIME FORAGING FOR MEAT.

-Whether you are an avid strength trainer, a marathon runner, or just an average exerciser, a balanced diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, fish, and complex carbohydrates is what nutritionists recommend.