Are they Sleeping at PLwatch? Rondel Hunte

Yes, I read that.

I’m not sure why that’s amazingly retarded. Factoring it into ‘which is a better sport is fine’, because the topic at hand is not ‘which sport requires the most athleticism’, it is ‘which is better’. ‘Goodness’ is a quality that can have many facets. To me, the goodness of a sport is related to the entertainment value. Also, when you’re talking about fans of a sport, there’s a huge overlap with people who are playing the sport at an amateur level. Accessibility at an amateur level is absolutely something that I value in a sport. It’s why sports like baseball, soccer, and basketball are incredible sports worldwide. If you have a ball, and some simple equipment, you can play. And billions of people do. This is another MAJOR difference between golf and powerlifting. How many people are competing in powerlifting meets vs how many people are playing rounds of golf regularly? That should be a major indicator of how good a sport is in my book, if people simply WANT to play it, and do on a regular basis. I am excluding gym rats who included the big 3 in their workout routines and don’t compete, because they don’t really qualify as competitors in the sport. Similarly, I would not include people who just go to driving ranges and hit golf balls.

1 Like

Legitimate but they rarely happen in the big promotions as someone having their ass handed to them can undo months of planning/storytelling.

Anyway, I was being a smart-arse more than adding to the discussion in any way.

For real, how come nobody knows about this guy? I’m just looking at IPF worlds results, he came first in the 105kg Junior class but totalled 8kg more than Bryce Lewis who won the open, his squat tied the junior record was 5kg short of the open record , bench was a junior record and only 12kg short of Bryce’s new open record, and he pulled a few kilos more than Bryce too. He’s only 22 too.

Here’s the video, courtesy of Alex Kang:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqo2arMLF58

Looks like he could have done more in all three lifts, and he already beat everyone in the 105kg open.