T Nation

Are These Pictures Real?

I stumbled across these the other day and i’m wondering what you guys think of them:

http://english.pravda.ru/photo/report/extreme_bodybuilders-2103

Photoshop? Synthol?

The ones of Marcus Ruhl look legit but some of the others are astounding!

They’re all photoshopped, including the Markus Ruhl one

[quote]Ianside wrote:
I stumbled across these the other day and i’m wondering what you guys think of them:

Photoshop? Synthol?

The ones of Marcus Ruhl look legit but some of the others are astounding![/quote]

Astounding?

I am more worried that there are people who think they are real.

Why do people get off on doing this to pictures of bodybuilders…especially those who are already bigger than most?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Ianside wrote:

Photoshop? Synthol?

The ones of Marcus Ruhl look legit but some of the others are astounding!

Astounding?

I am more worried that there are people who think they are real.

Why do people get off on doing this to pictures of bodybuilders…especially those who are already bigger than most?[/quote]

It’s probably a passive/aggressive way to deal with deep rooted jealousy.

What a fail of a first post.

yes, all of them are real.

also; this just in, the world is flat: careful when boating.

I thought this one was great!

ROFL!

Himora, you’re laughing, but a moron of a regular poster - John Q. Adequate - made a whole thread about icky bodybuilders in another section, and was particularly disgusted with the above “tool.”

sigh…

No matter how absurd they look, they would probably win a contest.

And people here would love to be that huge.

How insane is that?

There are people out there that suffer from a condition: they have little weenies (and are uber-skinny or just plain fucking fat) - in their angst, they had photoshopped their little weenies, but no matter how hard they push the software to its limits, their weenies still look puny enough to look like baby mouse bait.

Thus, in a manic fashion, they photoshop the big manly dudes.

Classic example of (PC/PPP) : Penile compensation/projection by photoshop proxy.

If that condition hasn’t be classified, I’ll be f* famous for being the first to diagnose it.

/early morning joke

Jokes aside, I’m with Mister X in his question. How could people think they are real, “astounding”?

For a first post, that was an epic fail.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
No matter how absurd they look, they would probably win a contest.[/quote]

This might be true… and sad.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:And people here would love to be that huge.

How insane is that?[/quote]

Not all, not even those who do bodybuilding. Not every person who wants to get huge goes Greg Valentino.

Yeah not all, but a few I suspect.

Who the hell sits down and edits the originals anyway. Like really?

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
Yeah not all, but a few I suspect. [/quote]

Really?

Like the other poster eluded to, that is the same as thinking everyone who wants big muscles is going to act like Valentino.

I like being big. I wouldn’t want to spend one minute looking like the photoshopped pics on that site. None of that even looks real.

Someone would have to have avoided actually looking at real human bodies to mistake that crap for real human anatomy.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
Who the hell sits down and edits the originals anyway. Like really? [/quote]

Dorks? :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, I’ve spent quite a few hours every once in a while rhomoshopping people’s pics with GIMP for shits and giggles to my heart’s content, so I’m a dork myself.

That website the OP alluded to, however, that one was of an explicitly offensive nature. I don’t bother to look at it, but it is titled ‘bodybuilders looking like monstrous balloons’ or something to that nature.

So you could imagine that whoever did that is not only a dork, but someone who really has a disdain for bodybuilding (or some morbid, twisted fetish for muscle or some shit like that.)

OF COURSE THEY’RE FOR REAL!

Photoshop doesn’t add muscle!
Here’s Arnold when he was little.