Are These Numbers Good?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
You’re a class II lifter (high average). It takes most people three years to get into class two and you got there in one. You’re dun good. Keep dun doin’ good now ya hear?

http://rawpowerlifting.com/classifications.htm [/quote]
LOL according to that I’m between master and elite leaning elite[/quote]

No offense bro, but you haven’t done that in a meet. Not even close to it actually. Brag when you hit it.
[/quote]
true

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
You’re a class II lifter (high average). It takes most people three years to get into class two and you got there in one. You’re dun good. Keep dun doin’ good now ya hear?

No offense bro, but you haven’t done that in a meet. Not even close to it actually. Brag when you hit it.

The newly revamped 100% RAW standards (which were the ones posted) are the most stringent I am aware of out there. They are higher than all the b.s. half squatting feds (at least in the 220+ weight classes) and are without knee wraps and drug free. Any drug free athlete that is elite by those standards is truly elite IMO.[/quote]

STRICT CURRRRRRRL

[quote]BEAR BORN wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

The newly revamped 100% RAW standards (which were the ones posted) are the most stringent I am aware of out there. They are higher than all the b.s. half squatting feds (at least in the 220+ weight classes) and are without knee wraps and drug free. Any drug free athlete that is elite by those standards is truly elite IMO.[/quote]

STRICT CURRRRRRRL[/quote]

OP: The only real question you need to ask yourself is “does my stepdad think I am a phenom?”

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
OP: The only real question you need to ask yourself is “does my stepdad think I am a phenom?”[/quote]
LOL

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

[quote]black_angus1 wrote:
I don’t think I could ever lift multi-ply. I’m an old school guy who likes to keep things “pure”. Strength is strength no matter raw or equipped, but I think some of the gear out there today is just ridiculous.[/quote]

I respect that… do you have any other hobbies? Like to fish? you using an “old school” Zebco rod and reel? lol You jog? you run in Chucks? Golf? you play with bamboo rod clubs right? lol point is all sports evolve… no such thing as “pure” ( I know what you meant tho) unless you are in the naked Bulgarian federation we use assistance. How much is dependant on our thresh hold of tolerance for the sports gear. Hell, even back in Powerlifting infancy guys would squat in tight ass jeans to get carryover.

I thought the same thing till I bought a Titan Centurian squat suit because my hips and shit felt like ass. It was amazing how much they made everything groove. They left wicked marks on me. I bought a set of Metal Pro briefs. Great support and little to no bite marks. My raw lifting has improved due to feeling fresher and due to being able to use more weight with the briefs. When I go back raw the weights feel light. I will fully admit tho that I don’t like my bench press shirt. Titan Katana… great for me at 2 board and higher but that last 3 " is a mother. Maybe a different shirt would be better for me idk but the shirts are a pain in the ass for sure. 2 ply briefs, with a 2 ply suit may seem crazy but guess what else is crazy… palying a game with a 300# dude who can run a 4.4 second 40 and cream your ass lol, driving a car around at 200 mph etc sports have all gomne extreme now a days and it will get crazier and crazier but more fun! [/quote]

So like… are there any hot women in that naked Bulgarian fed?

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

http://rawpowerlifting.com/classifications.htm[/quote]

Where’d you learn the average number of years it takes to get to a certain classification?

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Where’d you learn the average number of years it takes to get to a certain classification?[/quote]
He’s using the information posted on that page

[quote]Garrett1 wrote:
I’m 16, in 10th grade and i started powerlifting for the school in 9th grade.
I weight 278, iv’e lifted in the 275’s and SHW’s.
My raw maxes;
Squat- 475
Bench- 280
Deadlift- 550
I lift with single ply suits and my best lifts in a meet are;
Squat- 560, with a Titan Superior Squat suit.
Bench- 330 in a Titan Fury bench shirt.
Bench- 360 in a Inzer Rage X bench shirt.
Deadlift- 565 in A Inzer Champion Squat Suit.
Are these solid numbers for my age?[/quote]

The question should be do you want to be powerlifting for a very long time or are you trying to get in hit some freaky total or single lift and retire. Here’s the thing, the teen and collegiate/junior classes cover about a decade of total lifting time at most. Open then goes on for the rest of your fucking life. Train intelligently so you can compete well for that period of time. You clearly have some inclination towards size and strength, that’s awesome but try not to get caught up in competition with other lifters until it will be a record that means something. There’s been a hundred teen lifters who hit something crazy as a kid and never did anything fuck off awesome again you’re stronger and heavier than most 16 year olds if that’s what you’re asking, but there are also women out there who outbench you by 120lbs raw, don’t worry so much about the competition now, especially as a young teen, look a little more forward would be my advice you have the potential to do something awesome. Focus hard on that and it will happen.

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

The women’s numbers on there look a little bit low to me. As do most of the lighter mens classes. Just sayin’. But maybe I’m just a hater because I’m not an elite 242 in everything yet.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]milktruck wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Keep us updated.[/quote]
I have two logs here[/quote]
Is one of them this thread?

[quote]milktruck wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]milktruck wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Keep us updated.[/quote]
Is one of them this thread?[/quote]
LOL no … have I been a dick? If so, let me know.

[quote]BEAR BORN wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

The women’s numbers on there look a little bit low to me. As do most of the lighter mens classes. Just sayin’. But maybe I’m just a hater because I’m not an elite 242 in everything yet.[/quote]

Yeah, my girlfriend is a 165 and competing in June and should hit elite there easily (in her second meet). But I plugged her expected total and BW into a Wilkes calculator, and it only ended up being 370 something. By comparison, I plugged my expected total as a 275 (which is at least 100 pounds off of elite) and it was something like 415. Weird how that works.

That said, Tim Henriques worked with RAW chariman Paul Bossi to come up with those numbers, and it was a mathematical formula based on the results of actual meets and the Top 50 lifters in each weight class, with the non-tested and knee wrap federatiions eliminated from the data (maybe there were other disqualifiers too, but I’m not sure). So the numbers at least came about through solid means.

That’s not to say that the initial data was the best though, especially for women who obviously aren’t as well represented from the overall population as much as men are. But they worked with what they had available.

I think what needs to be said here is that there is a difference in single ply “classic” and single ply “modern”. Where as the origonal single ply gear was not as supportive as the single ply gear as of today. The gear in which lifters used in the early 90’s, compared to today.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]milktruck wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]milktruck wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Keep us updated.[/quote]
Is one of them this thread?[/quote]
LOL no … have I been a dick? If so, let me know.[/quote]
Maybe Ive misread you, its been a long day. My bad.