Are These Numbers Good?

I’m 16, in 10th grade and i started powerlifting for the school in 9th grade.
I weight 278, iv’e lifted in the 275’s and SHW’s.
My raw maxes;
Squat- 475
Bench- 280
Deadlift- 550
I lift with single ply suits and my best lifts in a meet are;
Squat- 560, with a Titan Superior Squat suit.
Bench- 330 in a Titan Fury bench shirt.
Bench- 360 in a Inzer Rage X bench shirt.
Deadlift- 565 in A Inzer Champion Squat Suit.
Are these solid numbers for my age?

Why do you feel the need to ask? You’re doing fine.

He wants some validation who gives a fuck. Solid lifts man.

[quote]Davesway wrote:
who gives a fuck.[/quote]
the guy asking …

And apparently you. Don’t reply if it bothers you. I’d rather someone openly ask then some of the other ways people go about it.

[quote]Davesway wrote:
And apparently you. Don’t reply if it bothers you. I’d rather someone openly ask then some of the other ways people go about it. [/quote]
I was talking about me. I asked because I was curious as to whether he was planning something along the lines of a meet, seeking general guidance/advice, or just looking for someone to stroke his e-cock.

I still do not see a purpose to single ply. No offense to those who lift in it. IMO I think its better to either be raw or go to multi…

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
I still do not see a purpose to single ply. No offense to those who lift in it. IMO I think its better to either be raw or go to multi…[/quote]

Maybe they want a blend of equipped lifting without the bullshit of all the half-squats in some of the complete jokes of federations out there? Or maybe they don’t have the money for the extra gear? Or maybe they wan’t some experience training with gear at all before they go multi-ply? Or maybe they lift in a federation that doesn’t have multi-ply divisions? The list goes on.

OP, just go out there and lift. Powerlifting is about competing against yourself and always trying to improve. Also, seeing as you’ve already competed, you should have an idea how you match up against other lifters.

^^ Valid reasons. Being that I know nothing about gear, and are new to the sport, I have no clue the price of squat suits ect.

I assume some day I will go into multi but would like to see how far I can go raw for now.

You’re a class II lifter (high average). It takes most people three years to get into class two and you got there in one. You’re dun good. Keep dun doin’ good now ya hear?

http://rawpowerlifting.com/classifications.htm

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
^^ Valid reasons. Being that I know nothing about gear, and are new to the sport, I have no clue the price of squat suits ect.

I assume some day I will go into multi but would like to see how far I can go raw for now.[/quote]

I don’t think I could ever lift multi-ply. I’m an old school guy who likes to keep things “pure”. Strength is strength no matter raw or equipped, but I think some of the gear out there today is just ridiculous.

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
You’re a class II lifter (high average). It takes most people three years to get into class two and you got there in one. You’re dun good. Keep dun doin’ good now ya hear?

http://rawpowerlifting.com/classifications.htm [/quote]
LOL according to that I’m between master and elite leaning elite

[quote]black_angus1 wrote:
I don’t think I could ever lift multi-ply. I’m an old school guy who likes to keep things “pure”. Strength is strength no matter raw or equipped, but I think some of the gear out there today is just ridiculous.[/quote]

I respect that… do you have any other hobbies? Like to fish? you using an “old school” Zebco rod and reel? lol You jog? you run in Chucks? Golf? you play with bamboo rod clubs right? lol point is all sports evolve… no such thing as “pure” ( I know what you meant tho) unless you are in the naked Bulgarian federation we use assistance. How much is dependant on our thresh hold of tolerance for the sports gear. Hell, even back in Powerlifting infancy guys would squat in tight ass jeans to get carryover.

I thought the same thing till I bought a Titan Centurian squat suit because my hips and shit felt like ass. It was amazing how much they made everything groove. They left wicked marks on me. I bought a set of Metal Pro briefs. Great support and little to no bite marks. My raw lifting has improved due to feeling fresher and due to being able to use more weight with the briefs. When I go back raw the weights feel light. I will fully admit tho that I don’t like my bench press shirt. Titan Katana… great for me at 2 board and higher but that last 3 " is a mother. Maybe a different shirt would be better for me idk but the shirts are a pain in the ass for sure. 2 ply briefs, with a 2 ply suit may seem crazy but guess what else is crazy… palying a game with a 300# dude who can run a 4.4 second 40 and cream your ass lol, driving a car around at 200 mph etc sports have all gomne extreme now a days and it will get crazier and crazier but more fun!

Multi-ply lifting is awesome, but it gets to the point where it’s more of an extreme sport than a strength sport. Obviously these guys are EXTREMELY strong (raw or not) and technichal but they’re lifting weights WAY beyond their capabilities compared to single-ply where they’re lifting weights slightly above their capabilities. Or raw where they’re lifting what they’re actually capable of.

[quote]Davesway wrote:
And apparently you. Don’t reply if it bothers you. I’d rather someone openly ask then some of the other ways people go about it. [/quote]

ALBERTA! HELLO!

[quote]gorangers0525 wrote:
Multi-ply lifting is awesome, but it gets to the point where it’s more of an extreme sport than a strength sport. Obviously these guys are EXTREMELY strong (raw or not) and technichal but they’re lifting weights WAY beyond their capabilities compared to single-ply where they’re lifting weights slightly above their capabilities. Or raw where they’re lifting what they’re actually capable of. [/quote]

sorry to the OP, but getting side tracked here. the line between single and multi is becoming very blurred. the way titan makes their single ply gear is border line multi ply. people are benching over 900lbs single ply, squatting well over 1,000lbs routinely and in many instances people are lifting almost equivalent weights going from single to multi and vice versa. andrey beyleav only increased his total by approx 100lbs on his total swithcing from ipf to multi with a monolift. daniel tinajero went from a 630ish bench to 650 going from multi to single. from the titan website or anderson powerlifting, can’t remember which one, but people are saying they are benching the same or more weight with the single ply super katana as they were with their multi gear. the only difference i’ve noticed is stopping power, the multi will stop the weight but not bring it back up, and longevity, i like multi because it lasts a lot longer than single. i know a guy who is using multi denim shirt that’s about 10yrs old, i used up a single ply squat suit in less than a couple years. people say multi is ridiculous and it over loads your body soooo much, i find this not true what i find is people are accepting of getting hundreds of pounds out of single ply gear but not the possibility of slightly more with multi ply gear because having more plies is ridiculous and people shouldn’t be lifting that much.

anywhoo. OP, you’re fine, wish i would have started lifting that young. at this point i would keep the gear loose for more passive support and concentrate on raw strength, but the gear is great for a little over load work.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

LOL according to that I’m between master and elite leaning elite[/quote]

Keep us updated.

[quote]milktruck wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Keep us updated.[/quote]
I have two logs here

Aww, I am only class II.

IT’S GO TIME!

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

No offense bro, but you haven’t done that in a meet. Not even close to it actually. Brag when you hit it.

The newly revamped 100% RAW standards (which were the ones posted) are the most stringent I am aware of out there. They are higher than all the b.s. half squatting feds (at least in the 220+ weight classes) and are without knee wraps and drug free. Any drug free athlete that is elite by those standards is truly elite IMO.