I've trained with these guys before. I never really believed it when other people told me they were on steroids, after all, they work their asses off and are alot brighter than most of the boneheads that are into lifting at my highschool. However after reading T-Nation for a few more monthes and getting a bit more lifting experience i have began to wonder... Here is why;
1) They Train to failure on every excercise, often training for 2 hours each session, 2 times a day, 6-7x a week
2) One of the 2 in question went from 130lbs to 175lbs in under a year and is purely shredded. The other went from about 160 to 220 and is likewise shredded and beastly.
3) They train like i mentioned, and, get this, DON'T take any weeks off for recovery.
4) One of their Dad's is a former bodybuilder and takes his son's training very seriously; shows up to every practice, every game, and if the kid messes up, drops a ball, gets pretty angered.
5) There is a 3rd kid in the group that is not making much progress at all. He is about 190 and his bench max is probably about 160. He has been training with them the same amount of time, although his parents don't let him drink protein shakes, that is the only difference i could see (besides the possibility that the other 2 are juicing).
Are there some good ways to know if someone is juicing? Am i wrong for being curious?