T Nation

Are These Conflicting Goals? (Endurance/Strength)

Ok so I don't know if this is the right place to post this or what so bear with me. I need to maintain 15+ dead hang pullups/sub 20 minute 5k run time/ 100 crunches. But I want to get as strong as possible in the squat/deadlift/bench/oh press.

How should I build my programming? Would it just be 1 step forward 1 step back. At the moment I am stagnating. Currently I run three days a week instead of jumping rope on the Waterbury 10x3 program.

Also, gaining any weight is not an option, regardless of if its muscle or fat. I cannot weight over 203 pounds. Thanks in advance for any help.

Fellow marine in training, I presume… Officer or Enlist?

I’m currently doing ABBH ( http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/antibodybuilding_hypertrophy_program )

I am also doing the armstrong pull-up program at the same time. You can find that easily somewhere online, if not send me a message ill get it to you.

For crunches, which I loathe, I do abs work everyday, trying to limit my crunch days to 2 or 3 times a week.

Honestly, run time isn’t a big deal if you can pump out 20 pulls/chins and 100 crunchs.

My run time is 21:48

How’d ya guess? Going to Officer Candidate Class in a year. Thanks for the input. Semper Fi