Are There Demons in YOUR Snickers?

I can’t believe people actually agree with her and then move on to the other holidays like Christmas and Easter.

BTW, I know a witch. I wished her happy new year today, as Samhain is the Wiccan new year.

Why is celebrating the Earth, which gives us life, evil? It seems, to me, a lot more logical to celebrate/worship the planet that sustains us than some supposed being no one has ever seen or will see.

[quote]Grneyes wrote:
Why is celebrating the Earth, which gives us life, evil? It seems, to me, a lot more logical to celebrate/worship the planet that sustains us than some supposed being no one has ever seen or will see.[/quote]

Many people will never get this.

A “witch” is one who worships the so called ‘devil’.

[quote]karlrichii wrote:
CBear84 wrote:
karlrichii wrote:

can you define “good” apart from an outside governing standard?

the internal governing standard. or is there a more specific question you would like answered?

first off; thanks for the reply and yes this leads to a more specific question; what happens when two peoples internal governing standards are in opposition? ex: Let’s say I like the idea of sleeping with my buddy’s wife; my buddy is not too keen on that idea and thus we have a conflict of desires.

without an objective standard of good to adhere to all we have is opinion and preference and his “opinion” that I shouldn’t sleep with his wife is not enough to deter the good that I see coming from me sleeping with her.

Take that concept and multiply the people involved by 3 billion and you get the current state of the world. to sum it up, when the chips are down i dont think that man’s internal governing will lead to him doing the “right” thing at the expense of is happiness except in extremely rare cases.
[/quote]

i see what you’re trying to do. the key point of my first statement was, [quote]once (if) people realize that their actions have multitudes of consequences outside of themselves[/quote]

ie, sure, you want to sleep with his wife. but, understand that you would be ruining a friendship, and he may respond with bodily harm, up to and including murder.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Grneyes wrote:
Why is celebrating the Earth, which gives us life, evil? It seems, to me, a lot more logical to celebrate/worship the planet that sustains us than some supposed being no one has ever seen or will see.

Many people will never get this.

A “witch” is one who worships the so called ‘devil’.[/quote]

No. The term ‘witch’ can be defined in more than just the traditional evil, satanic worshipping, being.

The one Grneyes is refering to, is a Wiccan.

For more info: Wicca - Wikipedia

DEMONICALLY tasty!

So…when my blood sugar drops and I eat a Snickers…it’s really the demons possessing my body? Not the sugar rush that restores my body’s balance?

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
karlrichii wrote:
CBear84 wrote:
karlrichii wrote:

can you define “good” apart from an outside governing standard?

the internal governing standard. or is there a more specific question you would like answered?

first off; thanks for the reply and yes this leads to a more specific question; what happens when two peoples internal governing standards are in opposition? ex: Let’s say I like the idea of sleeping with my buddy’s wife; my buddy is not too keen on that idea and thus we have a conflict of desires.

without an objective standard of good to adhere to all we have is opinion and preference and his “opinion” that I shouldn’t sleep with his wife is not enough to deter the good that I see coming from me sleeping with her.

Take that concept and multiply the people involved by 3 billion and you get the current state of the world. to sum it up, when the chips are down i dont think that man’s internal governing will lead to him doing the “right” thing at the expense of is happiness except in extremely rare cases.

i see what you’re trying to do. the key point of my first statement was, once (if) people realize that their actions have multitudes of consequences outside of themselves

ie, sure, you want to sleep with his wife. but, understand that you would be ruining a friendship, and he may respond with bodily harm, up to and including murder. [/quote]

thats a good point but the first consequence I can live with and the second leads me to rationalize killing my buddy first to protect myself and on top of that give me easy access to his wife.

Ok, I’ll admit this scenario sounds ludicrous however I get the impression that you’re saying that if people could just see how their actions hurt others they would rethink them due to their internal governing standard convicting them, however i dont think its that people dont see their affects, I think they just dont care.

take the guy whos got a wife and kid at home whos screwing everything in town, do you think he isnt aware of the potential damage to his family if he gets caught? he knows, he just doesnt care because what he wants at that moment is more important than his wife, kids and their future.

[quote]karlrichii wrote:
he just doesnt care because what he wants at that moment is more important than his wife, kids and their future.[/quote]

i see your point.

I’ll maintain that if people REALLY understood that their actions have consequences, without being told by a religious or government organization, they would make different choices.

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
karlrichii wrote:
he just doesnt care because what he wants at that moment is more important than his wife, kids and their future.

i see your point.

I’ll maintain that if people REALLY understood that their actions have consequences, without being told by a religious or government organization, they would make different choices. [/quote]

This is something that I’ve always believed to be true. We can do whatever we choose. However, we can rarely do it with impunity.

Almost every society has developed a similar set of laws and rules such as: Thou shalt not steal, etc. These rules were not developed based on a particular moral compass but as a set of guidelines that allow us to survive and prosper, more or less, peaceably as a society.

The common good obtained from observing the rules and laws, outweighs the bad of forgoing individual desires. Picture our society in anarchy as illustrated by the multitude of post apocalyptic movies and books and we can appreciate why we, as a group, adhere to common rules and laws.

There will always be the need for an outside governing body or oganization to enforce the rules and state what they are.

Halloween was originally a Pagan festival (don’t get me started on Christmas), way before candy and grocery stores ever existed, so I’m pretty certain they didn’t produce chocolate bars to be a sort of Continental Airlines for demons.

and another thing. Forget snickers bars. Crispy Crunch ftw.

[quote]roybot wrote:
“I do not buy candy during the Halloween season. Curses are sent through the tricks and treats of the innocent whether they get it by going door to door or by purchasing it from the local grocery store. The demons cannot tell the difference.”

Halloween was originally a Pagan festival (don’t get me started on Christmas), way before candy and grocery stores ever existed, so I’m pretty certain they didn’t produce chocolate bars to be a sort of Continental Airlines for demons.

[/quote]

How do you know that they didn’t, Roy? You don’t. Why else would they make chocolate taste so damn good??

Did you notice the colors of most of the chocolate bar wrappers? Yup, brown, orage and red. It was planned from day one. They lurked in the shadows until the time was right. Evil isn’t stupid you know…

HAPPY ALL SOULS DAY!!

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
and another thing. Forget snickers bars. Crispy Crunch ftw.[/quote]

Are you talking about 100 grand bars? If so, we are in total agreement. I’m glad my daughter didn’t get any in her candy bag.

[quote]tootles27 wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

Are you talking about 100 grand bars? If so, we are in total agreement. I’m glad my daughter didn’t get any in her candy bag.[/quote]

They used to be called ‘$100.000.00 Bars’.

I LOVE THEM.

Ok, you have good taste in SOME things…

[quote]imhungry wrote:
roybot wrote:
“I do not buy candy during the Halloween season. Curses are sent through the tricks and treats of the innocent whether they get it by going door to door or by purchasing it from the local grocery store. The demons cannot tell the difference.”

How do you know that they didn’t, Roy? You don’t. Why else would they make chocolate taste so damn good??

Did you notice the colors of most of the chocolate bar wrappers? Yup, brown, orage and red. It was planned from day one. They lurked in the shadows until the time was right. Evil isn’t stupid you know…

[/quote]

Not stupid, but the forces of evil do seem to have become extremely cocky in the last few years, though…

[quote]tootles27 wrote:
…[/quote]

Crispy Crunch are a Cadbury’s chocolate bar so they may not sell them there. Cadbury’s makes the best chocolate. Also primo are Wunderbars.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
tootles27 wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

Are you talking about 100 grand bars? If so, we are in total agreement. I’m glad my daughter didn’t get any in her candy bag.

I LOVE THEM.

Ok, you have good taste in SOME things…[/quote]

Really? It must have been called that BEFORE my time.

xoxo

[quote]tootles27 wrote:
imhungry wrote:
tootles27 wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

I LOVE THEM.

Ok, you have good taste in SOME things…

Really? It must have been called that BEFORE my time.

xoxo[/quote]

They changed the name in 1985… The year I graduated HS.

You were about 9 or 10.

Shut up.

I wish holy rollers would just shut up ane let people have some fun.