T Nation

Are SERM's Needed

If gyno occurs while on cycle due to the armoma. of test into estrogen, and we take SERMs to block the estrogen receptors that form breast tissue. Then we take AIs to completely block estrogen at the end of a cycle to help test rebound, then why not just skip the middle man of SERMs and just take an AI to prevent estrogen from becoming an issue to begin with?

This just seems too simple to be as clear as it seems to be. I know that there has to be a deeper more in depth reason, I just cant seem to figure it out tho.

I think you actually can do that. The issue is that you don’t actually want to suppress estrogen if you can help it and since serms don’t suppress it they are favorable if gyno is the only issue.

Esrtogen helps in the growth and has beneficial health qualities.

You can run an AI at a very low dose during the cycle to help control estrogen with overly suppressing it.

[quote]firestanggt wrote:
You can run an AI at a very low dose during the cycle to help control estrogen with overly suppressing it. [/quote]

agreed.

I would advoid serms altogether.

Following the cycle do my taper, and taper off the AI during the waiting period.

AIs can have detrimental effects on lipoprotein profiles (ie. HDL), while SERMs can be beneficial in that respect.

[quote]chillain wrote:
AIs can have detrimental effects on lipoprotein profiles (ie. HDL), while SERMs can be beneficial in that respect.

[/quote]

From my understanding, that is due to the fact that,like P22 has said many times, people tend to overuse AI’s. So instead of controlling estrogen, they are bringing it down into unhealthy levels. I don’t think that AI’s have any direct effect on LDL/HDL levels.

I never recommend a SERMs while on cycle. AI’s during a cycle, SERMs for PCT.