Are Raw Rolled Oats Good for Pre and Post Workout?

I’m thinking of having 4-5 table spoons of raw oats pre as well as post workout along with my protein shake. Generally fibre and fats aren’t recommend pre and post workout but many articles recommend oats which contain both. I’ve not found an article opposing the consumption of oats on the internet but many articles advise not to consume fats and fibre.
So basically the macros for each serving of my protein shake will be:-
Protein:- 25.5 grams (5.5 grams coming from oats
Carbs:- 35.5 grams .
Fats :- 5.9 grams
Fibre:- 4.45 grams
For post workout I’m thinking of having my protein shake with dates but can I have oats post workout as well? Or do you recommend simple carbs?

1 Like

yes eat oatmeal smh

1 Like

Oats are good, but make sure you cook them. Raw oats are limited in nutritional availability.

I would personally prefer the dates pre-workout and dates and oats post workout.

I always have a big meal that contains everything - fats, proteins, carbs, fiber, etc - post workout. But pre-workout, I do pasta.

Unless you are getting absolutely sliced for a pro contest none of what you’re suffering over matter.

Its then and only then that such fastidious attention needs to be paid to these things.

Try it and see what happens.

1 Like

Best advice ever.

Feel free to experiment and see what you like and what also works for you. Raw rolled oats might be your secret weapon. Cooked rolled oats might be too. Maybe the combination with dates makes it work best.

1 Like

I go best on bacon and eggs plus salt water plus shake but it depends on your regular diet and how your body reacts to certain foods.

Some people thrive on oats. I hate them.

1 Like

They can also make you feel bloated and cause digestive issues. You could soak them overnight instead of cooking if you are putting them in a shake, that helps.

Simple carbs post workout would be better. You would probably do better with more protein per serving, according to some studies it takes about 40g to maximize muscle protein synthesis.

Hmmm… I will have to check on this. Thanks!