Are Pineapples Good?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Hey, what do you fellas think about AIR?[/quote]

That shit is so polluted, you’re better off not breathing it. Some studies have shown it to be catabolic

If you’re going to get any oxygen, just drink super-purified, oxygenated, osmosified water.

harmful gases like dihydrogenmonoxide comprise a lot of what we call air. the current oxidizing atmosphere is too harmful for life as we know it.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
Just don’t eat the core. It’s highly acidic and can cause oral burns. Otherwise, the rest of the Pineapple is awesome![/quote]

Say oral burns again. Thank you.

[quote]superiorathlete wrote:
Hey, what do you fellas think about pineapples.
[/quote]

They are awesome when grilled! Slice 'em and throw on the bbq grill. Very very good!!

[quote]TheWookie wrote:
superiorathlete wrote:
Hey, what do you fellas think about pineapples.

They are awesome when grilled! Slice 'em and throw on the bbq grill. Very very good!!
[/quote]

weird. maybe i’ll try that after i grill some apple slices.

“Oral Burns”. hehe

Did I ever share with you guys my nekkid pinepple photo? Meet my pineapple friend.

To cut down the acidity of a fresh pineapple, I trim it, slice out the core, and throw everything, including the core, into a large pitcher, including juices that drip out onto the cutting board. Then I add water to cover, 1/2 to 1 cup or so of splenda and refrigerate overnight. Then, leaving the “juice” (actually flavored water- I don’t like to drink juice) and the cores in the pitcher, I remove the pineapple spears, and slice them for eating/cooking.

The juice, you can throw some into a blender with some banana protein powder (or vanilla pp with a banana), some coconut milk, ice and blend into a shake. Or with vanilla protein powder, ice and some pitted cherries. Or whatever. You can also drink the juice the way it is, yummy. Or make a concentrate of black tea, from 1 cup boiling water and several tea bags, then add to the juice, maybe a few mint leaves…the most awesome iced tea.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
“Oral Burns”. hehe
[/quote]

That pineapple looks…juicy.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
“Oral Burns”. hehe

Did I ever share with you guys my nekkid pinepple photo? Meet my pineapple friend.

To cut down the acidity of a fresh pineapple, I trim it, slice out the core, and throw everything, including the core, into a large pitcher, including juices that drip out onto the cutting board. Then I add water to cover, 1/2 to 1 cup or so of splenda and refrigerate overnight. Then, leaving the “juice” (actually flavored water- I don’t like to drink juice) and the cores in the pitcher, I remove the pineapple spears, and slice them for eating/cooking.

The juice, you can throw some into a blender with some banana protein powder (or vanilla pp with a banana), some coconut milk, ice and blend into a shake. Or with vanilla protein powder, ice and some pitted cherries. Or whatever. You can also drink the juice the way it is, yummy. Or make a concentrate of black tea, from 1 cup boiling water and several tea bags, then add to the juice, maybe a few mint leaves…the most awesome iced tea. [/quote]

Now that pic demonstrates the kind of coconut treatment I can get behind.

[quote]4est wrote:
So does manjuice. Be thoughtful, eat pineapple for the woman in your life!
[/quote]

Agreed :slight_smile:

I’m trying a slow clean bulk and air isnt on any of T-Nation’s bulk diets. So I cant consume air.

[quote]4est wrote:
So does manjuice. Be thoughtful, eat pineapple for the woman in your life!
[/quote]

Bro, what the fuck? I DONT wanna know how you know that!

That pineapple looks…juicy.[/quote]

Oh, it was! Sweet too! Mmmm…

I’ve eaten two cans of pinepple in juice post workout for years. Of course as mentioned, the Bromelain, which is a proteolytic enzyme, henc the reason why it was/is popular to stick some pineapple on your tough old gammon to make it go down easier.

I would add to that, Bromelain is a anti-inflammatory agent. Its used reason is helpful in instances of pain and swelling in some cultures.

Also, topically applied bromelain is a frostbite treatment. Then its used as a sort of alternative to pseudoephedrine also.

Ahle NW, Hamlet MP. Enzymatic frostbite eschar debridement by bromelain. Ann Emerg Med 1987;16:1063-5.

Seligman B. Bromelain: an anti-inflammatory agent. Angiology 1962;13:508-10.

Ryan RE. A double-blind clinical evaluation of bromelains in the treatment of acute sinusitis. Headache 1967;7:13-7.

Izaka K, Yamada M, Kawano T, Suyama T. Gastrointestinal absorption and anti-inflammatory effect of bromelain. Jpn J Pharmacol 1972;22:519-34.

I’m not that interested or have any knowledge of medicine but this looks interesting…

Munzig E, Eckert K, Harrach T, et al. Bromelain protease F9 reduces the CD44 mediated adhesions of human peripheral blood lymphocytes to human umbilical vein endothelial cells. FEBS Lett 1995;351:215-8.