T Nation

Are Old People Retarded ??

My mother in law just got done trying to tell me and She Say that they used to get 70 feet of snow in Syracuse when she was a kid 50 years ago…I don’t doubt Syracuse is a snowy place…but 70 feet??? No fucking way…this Old Person is retarded…is there any doubt that old people are retarded???

Any help is appreciated.

70 ft maybe per winter?

70 feet? That’s like a 7 story tall building!

maybe in the great blizzard of 77 or whatever it was.

[quote]sen say wrote:
70 feet? That’s like a 7 story tall building![/quote]

I was thinking you were talking about Canada for some reason in my defense. probably still wouldn’t be true, but more so than in one shot like the step mom seems to be talking about

Gaise, maybe she’s just retarded, like Sen said.

Last year the QC region got 18 feet of snow and that was a record. It’s also a fuck of a lot of snow, people were tunneling out of their homes.
70 feet? Not likely.

Did she walk five miles to and from school/work, up hill both ways, in the snow too?

But, to answer your question, yes, old people are retarded. That’s what livefromhismommy’sbasement keeps telling us.

Syracuse’s top 10 snowfall seasons, measured by the National Weather Service at Hancock Airport:

1. 92-93 192.1 inches
  2. 95-96 170.9 inches
  3. 91-92 166.9 inches
  4. 93-94 163.8 inches
  5. 89-90 162.0 inches
  6. 77-78 161.2 inches
  7. 70-71 157.2 inches
  8. 55-56 146.8 inches
  9. 76-77 145.0 inches
  10. 57-58 141.1 inches

Maybe she really meant to say 17 feet. My dad makes mistakes like that all the time now. Or she has no idea what she’s talking about.

1. She probably meant 70 long feet of snow, not deep. lol She remembers having to shovel a sidewalk as a kid.

2. Old people are retarded. But if an old dude wants to tell you war stories, take notes! Good stuff.

Old people are the used automobiles of people: They’re good for some things…but not many.

Old people, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose…

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Old people, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose…[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA!

Excellent post.

Revelstoke, B.C. annual snowfall 40-60 feet. largest 114 feet. Thats the snow capital of Canada, where you can snowmobile from November till June.

Its not old people that are retarded, its mother in laws.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Old people, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose…[/quote]

Arggh old people driving!!

I live in Florida, so one day I was driving from my friends house back home from a party in the middle of the night. So I am driving along and I casually look to my left, and what do I see? an old man driving on the opposite lane in the same direction my car was going… I honked and honked, the 90 year old wasn’t even phased.

70’

That’s a lot of coke.

Why aren’t we asleep right now?