Are Natties Rare?

Thanks. I take care of my health number one. I chose Gatorade over Powerade cuz Powerade uses corn syrup over Gatorades sugar. I buy supps for my husband, though. I swear I drank a sip of one of his pres, and I felt as if I could fly I was so “jolted”.

That jolt subsides over time.

Supplements aren’t tested by the FDA or anyone until there are multiple incidents of bad things happening to its users.

A few of them pay to have them checked so they can put the “Informed Choice” stamp on their products. Those are supposed to be safe for college athletes in terms of their drug tests.

2 Likes

Do you really believe corn syrup is better than sugar? Not so.

Her statement does not reflect that she believes corn syrup is better than sugar.

2 Likes

Funny. I do not drink coffee, so very low tolerance. When I first started using caffeine about 30 minutes before training, 200 mg tab was really unpleasant. So JITTERY, I was fine with 100 mg. Of course, we adapt. Now, I can take 200 mg and feel fine. I do not use it on days I’m not lifting, and I should probably see if as a small woman I could adapt back to 100 mg. I can WORK harder in the gym with caffeine, no doubt about that.

This is kind of off topic, but since we’re talking about terminology here.

People will say they “eat clean” or they’re trying to “eat clean.” I’ve used that phrase before myself. Unless you know what they mean, it’s a completely meaningless term.

It might mean they are a BBing monk who only eats broccoli, rice and grilled chicken breast.

It might mean they are making their cheeseburgers with grass fed beef, and using a whole wheat bun with organic cheese. People will use it to mean no bread, or paleo, or they’re eating organic foods, or just a diet that has less beer and pizza.

BTW, since you have a history with how women in the pro-ana, thinspo world talk… You’ll notice some of that with people in the general fitness world, and men into BBing, developing orthorexia.

1 Like

Yeah was dealing with family issue. Dit that’s why late response. I prefer Gatorade because real sugar as opposed to corn syrup in Powerade. It is actually quite difficult in my house because I choose to eat a balanced diet of all macros. I make almost everything from scratch and use healthy alternatives in foods. However, my husband doesn’t so I have to make separate meals and we don’t even eat together. I eat healthy fats like extra virgin olive oil, cocunut oil, avocados, walnuts, almonds…things an anorexic would run from. I smoke lean brisket. Use the grill for salmon and boneless skinless chicken breasts. Carbs,i eat tons of fruit,I use old fashioned oats, my own baked in evo sweet potato fries, brown rice that doesn’t contain arsenic, make my own maple six grain bread, sourdough…if bananas going brown, I make banana bread. I eat eggs,egg whites, all kinds of veggies, Greek yogurt.

My husband loves chorizo, chicken fried steak, fries, anything fried basically, any dessert he can etc.

It is very difficult plus I eat or drink a smoothie every two to three hours.

It’s funny you mention this because I was just telling a guy at the gym that I’m eating clean-ish LOL! I’m using the term to describe my bulking diet. Clean for me just means real food. Beef, steak, chicken, vegan protein substitutes that my wife cooks, veggies, potatoes, oatmeal, bread, peanut butter, rice, tortillas, etc.

Clean for me means I’m preparing my own food. It’s not highly processed; it’s not fast food; and it’s not pizza (wish it was). The “ish” part refers to the fact that I’m gaining weight on purpose so I don’t care that I ate 4 chocolate chip cookies that my wife brought home the other day. And the other two the next morning.

1 Like

Oh I eat some of my baked goods and I make my own homemade sourdough pizzas and mill my own flour.i also eat almond butter with my homemade preserves and homemade bread. I’m not uptight about food but I also don’t want to do anything to affect my heart.

1 Like

Speaking of clean eating, do folks here wash their chicken before cooking it?

I saw this the other day and was a little puzzled.

Hi stongmangoals.

@ Washing chicken? Nope. That’s the first I’ve heard of that one.

Cook it well, then wash your knife and cutting board with soap.

Rinse is probably more accurate than wash. Just to clarify.

1 Like

I usually wash/rinse chicken off. No telling where it’s been!

I think you will find that most people strongly recommend that you should not wash chicken before cooking. The reason for this might not be what you expect though.

We all know that raw chicken can bear risk of food poisoning (salmonella and other live bacteria), but they will all die when cooked thoroughly. The reason you should not wash/rinse chicken is that you might spread/contaminate the kitchen area with these bacteria contaminating foods you do not intend to cook. So if you rinse chicken under running water in the kitchen sink the bacteria are splashing around. If you then go ahead and rinse a salad in the same area, it might catch some of the bacteria flying around. Apparently, the risk of catching food poisoning this way is not insignificant and given that the cooking process will kill these bacteria, there is no real added value to rinse the chicken beforehand.

For the avoidance of doubt, nothing bad happens to the chicken or the taste if you do rinse it before cooking, it’s just the risk of contaminating other foods your are likely to be preparing in the kitchen area.

1 Like

I never used steroids. And I don’t really have plans for using them in future either.

I avoid caffeine like it’s plague since it makes me ill.

• I can’t see possible effects of caffeine for muscle development. It makes it easier to overtrain and can prevent you from getting good night sleep.

I use whey protein, and I used Creatine and amino acids in past. That’s it. XD

It’s probably the most studied performance enhancing drug there is.

1 Like

It still won’t make your muscles grow unfortunatley.

Very few things directly will, but avoiding anything that doesn’t for that reason is short-sighted.

2 Likes

“Are Natties Rare?”

Depends on how you cook’em!

Actually, there are a few vids where in I remember Dave Tate and Mark Bell separately saying that they have been surprised a few times to find out that some people were clean/natty.

With good coaching and or direction some people can go a long way before “needing” PEDs.

1 Like

This is an odd question, rare compared to what? Enhanced (steroid or prohibited substance using) lifters? I think there are far more folks in the gym that don’t use than do.

On stage, it depends on the federation, but that’s what natural federations are for.

I, and I believe most folks, define “natural” as someone who does not used prohibited substances, steroids, supplemental hormones, etc. If you’re talking about caffeine, just my opinion, that’s a little silly. If that’s your line, then I guess vitamins are out too? What about natural occurring caffeine? No chocolate for you, drugee!

Neither will protein if you don’t train.

Well said!

Caffeine does not make it easier to overtrain. If you feel all jacked up because you had 500mg caffeine with your “Super Pre-Workout 6000” and workout for way too long and don’t know what you’re doing, that’s on you.

In regards to caffeine and sleep, this is highly individualized. My wife can have a coffee and go to bed an hour later no problem, but not me, so I stop caffeine after 2pm. TV can prevent you from getting a good night sleep too, do you avoid it like the plague?