Are Natties Rare?

I don’t even drink caffeine. I have a fridge and a freezer in garage cuz I’m a trash compactor. Just reading an article and was wondering am I rare in that I don’t use enhancements?

Do you have any vaccines?

3 Likes

I don’t know any trash compactors, so possibly!

1 Like

Haha. Was just curious if I was a rarity

What are the % stats for those that use AAS?

When you’re an athlete in the pastthey test you for everything plus discouraged it back in the day, and cuz of heart prob tons of no no’s to stuff…

That is my point though. You are using a definition for “natural” that is different from the norm, and at one point you have to wonder where the line is for hairsplitting.

I use caffeine, but never before training. I try to train with as fee stimulants as possible.

Understand. Just read an The Best Damn Workout Plan for Natural Lifters, Part 2

And was thinking about it

Yeah; that article uses natural to mean “steroid free”

2 Likes

Agreeing with others here.

Natural generally means steroid free. Not a user of AAS (anabolic–androgenic steroids).

I use protein powder, BCAAs, creatine, vitamins, and caffeine. All of those things can be found in food. Since I have never altered my hormones, I’m considered natural. I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Fo sure. Keep the knowledge flowing! Ty :rofl:

1 Like

Sure. The terminology in the BBing, PLing, WLing world is a little confusing.

People will use words like “enhanced” or “assisted” and they’re also talking about steroids.

Generally speaking, if you can buy it at a supplement store like our host Biotest, or at somewhere like GNC or the grocery store then it’s does NOT fall under those categories. They’re almost always talking about something that requires a prescription or substances that people buy from a lab, most often banned in the US.

IF you were actually competing in USA WLing or a tested Natural BBing comp, or a tested PLing fed, I suppose you’d want to be aware of prohibited or “performance enhancing” substances that might be in OTC medications or in supplements, even in trace amounts.

Our of curiosity. Someone else, please chime in if there are ingredients in supplements or OTC meds that would show up in a tested fed or show.

1 Like

Just another thing that can be confusing.

You’ll sometimes hear people talking about using “gear.” That’s a slang reference to steroids.

BUT PLers may talk about a “geared meet” vs. “raw.” That has a different meaning there. @ Gear, they are talking about stuff like a bench shirt or knee wraps, NOT steroids.

My apologies if I’m telling you stuff you already know.

1 Like

I competed in an Olympic sport at a level where testing can be done at competition. There is not much you can take.
Benadryl, decongestant pills, cough syrup and the list goes on and on. And if you get pick, you have to pee in a cup in front of a rep.

2 Likes

Going to an Ed Coan seminar can make test positive in the IPF.

8 Likes

Oh I had to pee in a cup all the time. No modesty left in me fo sure!

Any knowledge even if a refresher is good :hugs:

1 Like

I am picturing you guys wanting to stand in front of a chalkboard And displaying knowledge on the overhead or :film_projector: (projector to those of you who took keyboarding and never used a typewriter). I’m lovin it. I bought 3 lbs of apples at store yesterday…is that enough for you guys? Thanks :hugs:

I buy a PreWorkout (from an “oragnic” company) we only have one store here. It contains about as much caffeine as a 1 1/2 cups of coffee, creatine, BCAAs, citralline malate etc.

The rep made it a point for the local lady to tell me that it did NOT contain any substances that are banned from any fed if I were actually going to compete.
Pretty sure her husband and I are the only ones who buy it.

That leads me to believe that some of them of MAY contain something that could POSSIBLY be banned substances, whatever that may be. I have no idea.

I have also come to the conclusion that I am addicted to Metabolic Drive. I get all sad when I can’t make my fat ass shake :rofl:

1 Like

Lots of supplements have banned substances in them, particularly pre workouts . It’s not only anabolics that can get you banned from competition. It’s up to the athlete to ensure they don’t take anything untoward.

3 Likes