Are My Numbers Good?

Not particularly. I feel it gave me a predisposition to building my legs and back quite well but not necessarily a good base for powerlifting. I graduated high school at 130 lbs and was definitely not strong. I absolutely relied upon my aerobic base for rowing.

I also believe my bench is a weaker lift for me because of rowing, at least in part, since in rowing we always avoided lifting with our chests or doing anything with our triceps as it wasn’t necessary for the sport and big chest/triceps would just be wasted weight in the boat.

Yeah I mean I’ve only been training for powerlifting for about 6 months. My training before that was pretty unbalanced as well. Always trained stupid. And I mean steroids. I’m definatly gonna use eventually but not anyte soon. I’m gonna put the work In first.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
Not particularly. I feel it gave me a predisposition to building my legs and back quite well but not necessarily a good base for powerlifting. I graduated high school at 130 lbs and was definitely not strong. I absolutely relied upon my aerobic base for rowing.

I also believe my bench is a weaker lift for me because of rowing, at least in part, since in rowing we always avoided lifting with our chests or doing anything with our triceps as it wasn’t necessary for the sport and big chest/triceps would just be wasted weight in the boat.[/quote]

What’s your training like for bench?? Assistance work, ME/DE exercises, etc???

BRINK, weight loss can obviously be achieved many different ways. You need to find what works for you. I don’t think I would ever do the intermittent eating plan that LM talked about. Of course when you do something like that you have to consider the times you wake up, go to bed, workout, work, etc. I teach at a big 5A texas public high school. If I went more than 2-3 hours without eating you would probably hear of a teacher killing a student in Texas.

When I try to drop some extra lbs I focus on increasing fiber, decreasing sugar, increasing fats, and increasing protein. I taper my carbs off after my workout and usually have a minimal amount in the later hours of the day. This has worked great for me in the past when I try to shed weight for making my weight classes or just to look better. I haven’t done any cardiovascular exercise since Dec 2008.

The point is there are multiple ways to drop weight. I’ve found what is effective for me (and a lot of other people have found this method effective as well) and something that is easy on my time constraints since I work 14 hours a day and don’t have time to make tons of meals or even have time to EAT tons of meals. It sucked transitioning to this method but now that I’ve done it for awhile my energy levels are consistent I get all my calories around my training for the most part and I don’t feel hungry anymore very often.

I’ve also cut weight having more meals a day and it’s definitely doable as well, like I said it doesn’t fit my time schedule very well so I had to improvise and I haven’t seen a decrease in performance. As jsmiley said there are good nutritional principals you can abide by regardless of how much you eat or how often. Read through the site more and you’ll find a ton of helpful nutritional advice and be able to eventually tailor it specifically to you.

As far as my training goes, just go check out my log, I’m pretty detailed about my training though I’m not always good about updating it daily.

I think your numbers are good for your first ten months of training. If it helps here is the class standards for 242 and 220.

Wt. Class 220 242
Elite 1551 1607
Master 1476 1518
Class 1 1279 1321
Class 2 1125 1162
Class 3 984 1017
Class 4 853 890

Your ranking was pretty similar to my first meet, I’m in the 148 class though.

[quote]BRINK429 wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]BRINK429 wrote:
@spar4tee: I’m about 5’10-5’11. Really long limbs. I hate it lol.[/quote]
Okay, you are little taller than I am. My leverages are pretty even across the board so I don’t really have any lifts that are relatively strong I would say. What are your goals for your next meet?[/quote]

What are your numbers?? And next meet probably 415/315/525[/quote]
Sorry about the wait. This thread slipped my mind. I’m 430/305/505 all gym lifts.

Your numbers are solid for 6 months of training at that bodyweight. Nothing stunning or anything like that but a solid base.

[quote]jsmiley07 wrote:
BRINK, weight loss can obviously be achieved many different ways. You need to find what works for you. I don’t think I would ever do the intermittent eating plan that LM talked about. Of course when you do something like that you have to consider the times you wake up, go to bed, workout, work, etc. I teach at a big 5A texas public high school. If I went more than 2-3 hours without eating you would probably hear of a teacher killing a student in Texas.

When I try to drop some extra lbs I focus on increasing fiber, decreasing sugar, increasing fats, and increasing protein. I taper my carbs off after my workout and usually have a minimal amount in the later hours of the day. This has worked great for me in the past when I try to shed weight for making my weight classes or just to look better. I haven’t done any cardiovascular exercise since Dec 2008.[/quote]

Yeah IMO cardio doesn’t do shit for someone like me. Losing weight IMO is all diet. Obviously HIIT works though.

[quote]Gaius Octavius wrote:
Your numbers are solid for 6 months of training at that bodyweight. Nothing stunning or anything like that but a solid base.[/quote]

Yeah I mean I’m not fishing for compliments or anything. I just want some feed back you know. To me my numbers will never be good enough, even If your an elite powerlifter that’s the mind set you have to have lol.