Are My Legs Too Small For My Build?

Curious…what are your QB stats?

1 Like

That’s what my ex-wife said. That was 6 years ago, and I still haven’t seen her again.

4 Likes

Could that mean that YOU were her visceral fat mass?

Ok, here’s what I don’t get.

Despite the fact that multiple people from this forum told you how important it was.

So if you display a frequent tendency to not listen to advice given here, what is the incentive for anyone to give you any advice?

3 Likes

I remember chiming in to the last thread OP made with some pretty pessimistic observations, but you’re still at it, so I’ll just say, good on you for continuing to work. You also handle tough criticism pretty well, so that’s a plus as well.

…also, since you handle tough criticism well, you’re still overweight, and not because of muscle. Some fat guys are built like crazy and just carry too much fat, but your legs and arms are a dead giveaway - you don’t have much muscle mass, and you carry a ton of badly distributed fat. Adding muscle would only not hinder you, it would increase your body’s ability to get rid of that fat.

You’ve made some progress, but for somebody paying thousands for training and nutrition, your progress isn’t exactly awe-inspiring. Dial in your diet, and come back here with a couple pics and some footage of you playing.

3 Likes

Funny thing - she just showed back up! I hadn’t seen her in 6 years, and the visceral fat mass is indeed gone! Now, though, her legs are way too small for her build. I sent her packing, and told her not to come back until that oddity is remedied.

2 Likes

I’m saying a guy who’s 230 pounds with 15% bodyfat will be a better QB than one who’s 250 pounds with 30% bodyfat.

Your coaches can answer that. Speaking of your coaches, again: Back in August, you said your coach wanted you between 235-240. How pissed is he that you completely ignored what he told you to do? And are you still wasting $1000 a month on a QB coach?

1 Like

@r7ed Do you even know the average BMI for Pro quarterbacks? How far off are you and how do you think you’ll get there?

Hint for the latter: follow all the advice you’ve already been given

Posted one hour apart - cue spooky music (though these are combine stats and not pros but spooky enough haha):

1 Like

Lol. Anyway, that’s the reason why I’m staying in my current weight even if it means it will be harder to improve in lifting weights. I really believe there’s a reason why most of the players in my sport (or most sports for that matter) generally stay within a certain BMI. There are exceptions of course (like Zion Williamson). And I’m just trying to keep up competitively with college kids, not trying for pro or semi-pro or anything like that.