Are Kids Soft These Days?

I dunno, some kids have always been histrionic, attention-seeking mofos!

I know for me, as a kid, I never cried over a film (always held it in grrrrr…lol)…as an adult I just let it flow.

As evidence of ‘softness’ goes though, I tend to think much more in terms of an aversion to walking anywhere, unwillingness to play sports in the rain etc.

Although I think that most are somewhat soft kids today aren’t given enough credit. Guess what, compared to our fathers and grandfathers we were soft in many ways.

There are a lot that are into sports, or that would be if given enough direction. I know that a lot of my daughters male friends see my home gym and are very curious, asking how much weight is on the bar and how much can I squat. They are interested but don’t have the guidance to get there from their parents.

With that said, my eldest daughter is a beast at sports and scares many of the guys when it comes to physicality. Doesn’t hurt my rep as a father to let them see me snatch more than they weigh either.

WHO’S TALKING SHIT ABOUT BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA?!?!?

I want to fight both of the parents Kickboxer-style, broken glass and everything. Fuck these people.

[quote]Nards wrote:
WHO’S TALKING SHIT ABOUT BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA?!?!?[/quote]

'zackly!

On one hand, we have those 2 sniveling little wussies…
on the other, we have this:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-washington-park-abduction-20120824,0,786594.story

fuck it, they’re just kids.

I cried like a little bitch at the end of A Perfect World.

[quote]Childlike Empress: Bastian, why don’t you do what you dream, Bastian?
Bastian: But I can’t! I have to keep my feet on the ground!
Childlike Empress: Call my name! Bastian, please! Save us!
Bastian: All right, I’ll do it. I’ll save you. I will do what I dream!..“****”!!![/quote]

Little Prof X drops a gallon sized tear and floods theater.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Bastian: All right, I’ll do it. I’ll save you. I will do what I dream!..“****”!!![/quote]

Little Prof X drops a gallon sized tear and floods theater.[/quote]

Dude I think I lost my fucking mind when Artax died.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

Dude I think I lost my fucking mind when Artax died.[/quote]

I kept rewinding this part when I was a little kid. Something about the Southern Oracle really appealed to me.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

Dude I think I lost my fucking mind when Artax died.[/quote]

I kept rewinding this part when I was a little kid. Something about the Southern Oracle really appealed to me.

I kept thinking artax was going to come back the whole movie. He never came back :frowning:

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
I didn’t “cry” when Old Yeller died, I’m a MAN, dammit! That moisture around my eyes was just my awesomeness leaking out! LOL

[/quote]

As a little kid watching Ole Yeller I cried uncontrollably (not balling like those kids - more of an uncontrollable sob and a sadness so deep it hurt). As a grownup watching it again, it was nothin. If I had a carton of popcorn I could have sat there and eaten the whole thing completely dry eyed. That freaking Kuchico movie on the other hand, I had to keep leaving the room as an adult watching that one. Holy cow that was sad.

Sorry, got the name wrong. Hachi

Whenever I watch Greystoke, I know I’ll be reduced to a quivering, blubbering mess.

It’s ok ID … I cried at Bridge to Tarabithia as well

I also tear up at the end of Saving Private Ryan when Ryan asks his wife if he’s led a good life and if he is a good man … that’s some heavy shit to live with your entire life man

RE: the video … over the top crying without a doubt. It does seem they’re just feeding off each other as Christine said … I’m sure it was sad

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I’m sure it was sad[/quote]

it was SO SAD!!!

when Mel Gibson died at the end of Brave Heart, yelling freedom! my eyes get all watered up.

Gran torino.

No more words are needed.

this used get me everytime