Are Kids Soft These Days?

LMAO, I never cried like this at a movie as a kid, cept for maybe Total Recall when Arnie’s eyes starting bugging out, ok maybe not

hmm, in case anyone else is getting a white box http://wwwDOTyoutube.com/watch?v=-aFV1r45sAQ just take out “DOT” and put in ‘.’

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

LMAO, I never cried like this at a movie as a kid, cept for maybe Total Recall when Arnie’s eyes starting bugging out, ok maybe not [/quote]

Wow. I guess these kids will think twice before stepping on a bug.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
hmm, in case anyone else is getting a white box just take out “DOT” and put in ‘.’[/quote]

No. Next time you have to go to the “SHARE” tab under the vid and copy the link. Then paste it into your post.

ahh, thanks… I just right clicked the hyperlink and copied

I know a family where the mother gets so emotionally wrecked about movies - especially where death is concerned (like when the mom dies in Finding Nemo) - that this reaction of hers has transferred to her kids. Particularly her oldest son who had crying spells well into his late teens.

I didn’t cry over any movie until I was about 22 years old.

To be fair to those kids, at about 45 years old Iron Dwarf cried like that over a movie called Bridge to Tabirthia.

“OoOoOohhh why did the rope have to snap? WaaWaaWaa she was such an adorable little girl. Sob sob sob why OH why did she have to die? WaaWaaWaahhh” ID is such a baby.

[quote]on edge wrote:
To be fair to those kids, at about 45 years old Iron Dwarf cried like that over a movie called Bridge to Tabirthia.

“OoOoOohhh why did the rope have to snap? WaaWaaWaa she was such an adorable little girl. Sob sob sob why OH why did she have to die? WaaWaaWaahhh” ID is such a baby.[/quote]

Yes I did! No shame there.

I sat there in the darkened theater with my wife and son, with tears streaming down my face.

Damn you and you impeccable memory, On Edge!

I’ll be honest, I would laugh my ass off at my kids for freaking out like that, but it would be a cold day in hell before I posted it on youtube.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
I’ll be honest, I would laugh my ass off at my kids for freaking out like that, but it would be a cold day in hell before I posted it on youtube.[/quote]

I don’t know. They are making bank and will continue to do so.

Kids cried when Optimus died(original Transformers movie), or when Little Foot’s mom died, or when Mufasa died, etc. I don’t know if they carried it into the car ride home but I’m fairly sure there’s nothing inherently wrong with becoming emotionally attached to a character in a movie(that’s pretty much what the writers want you to do).

Oh and the title should obviously be changed to ‘boys’ since that is obviously what you meant; pussification of America and whatnot.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

I’ll be honest, I would laugh my ass off at my kids for freaking out like that, but it would be a cold day in hell before I posted it on youtube.[/quote]

I don’t know. They are making bank and will continue to do so.[/quote]

I wouldn’t be able to look myself in the eye if I took a dime of that money.

To each their own, but that just isn’t for me.

The kids appear to be feading off each other. Chances are one started to get a little upset, got some attention for it, the other saw what was going on and started to mimick the first child. From there things just escalated and the parent thought it was funny, started to film it and it just got worse.

I agree!

higher estrogen levels due to crap in the food perhaps.

Christine makes a good point.

I’m naturally a weepy movie-watcher.

When I was younger, Harry and the Hendersons use to tear my soul apart. Hard.

Mufasa dies. Legit tear jerking scene.

As for kids themselves, they are HIGHLY impressionable and our reactions around them affect their belief systems. Noticing it everyday now around my daughter. And I need to be less negatively emotional around her (arising from work stress etc).

[quote]Christine wrote:
The kids appear to be feading off each other. Chances are one started to get a little upset, got some attention for it, the other saw what was going on and started to mimick the first child. From there things just escalated and the parent thought it was funny, started to film it and it just got worse.[/quote]

I think its this, The kids are only over reacting because of the reaction from the parent’s and the attention.

I didn’t “cry” when Old Yeller died, I’m a MAN, dammit! That moisture around my eyes was just my awesomeness leaking out! LOL

At this point, do we really have an argument that most kids these days are NOT pussies? But don’t ever let one of those uniquely talented and special (yet equal in every way) young people hear you say that - it might damage their precious little self esteem and hurt their feelings. I mean what if <<>> they felt like the world wasn’t a safe place and their feelings got hurt? They’d be irreparably damaged and need years of therapy and medication (cuz it’s not THEIR fault).

Everybody soft except for LL Cool J and holy shit spoiler alert!