Are Jockstraps Dead?

Does anyone still wear these to workout?

NGL I picked up a pair today and they were the comfiest things I’ve ever trained in

I don’t, but now I know what a jockstrap is.

Not anymore, thanks to you.

1 Like

Advanced underwear technology has made the jockstrap unnecessary.

I think you’ll find that jockstraps still have plenty of support.

7 Likes

LOL :joy:

IDK man, jockstraps are unsharted territory for me… besides, jockstrap wearers are total nutcases.

As @RT_Nomad said, underwear technology has advanced a lot in recent years. My current favorite brand is by a guy named Lou C. Lastic.

I’ll see myself out

1 Like

unsharted territory fucking lmao dude

why would you wear one? at that point just wear nothing but shorts?

The same reason ladies with racks wear sports bras. If you’ve got a body part that flops around a lot, you’ll perform better at most activities without all of the flopping. Less chance of a traumatic nut shot, too.

Jock straps were required safety equipment for men’s basketball and most other contact sports when I was growing up. Jockstrap+cup was needed for baseball and plenty of other sports.

They’ve also got great airflow compared to boxer briefs.

i guess i can see for sports but for the gym it almost seems pointless. then again i don’t generally wear undergarments so i’m biased lol. closest i get is spats for bjj and thats just because i want everything in place to lessen the chance of a knee slice pass actually slicing xD

Well if you train BJJ long enough you’ll probably take a nut shot or two, but I’ve always said that a jockstrap is like a gun. It’s better to have one and not need it than need one and not have it.

i’ll have to quote you on that lol. and yeah grappling nut shots are a daily occurrence

They really shouldn’t be unless you’re in a room full of spazzes with bad coaching. I’ve gotten numerous black eyes and some uncomfortable spots for the boys a few times, but never a full-blown testicle strike.

If you’re taking nut shots on the daily I’d bring this up to your coach. In the meantime, maybe you should look into a quality jock strap.

lot of spazzes attempting knee slices at no angle whatsoever and i’ve been experimenting with open guard so it’s a recipe for disaster lol.