Are Double Sessions a Good Idea?

I just trained chest heavy this morning and did not perform as well as I had liked. Usually I train at night because I have a lot more strength then, but today I decided to do something different and I’m sorry I did. I want to go back for a second chance to hit it right. Anyone think going back again in the evening and hitting it hard would be counter-productive or injurious?

[quote]benchaffleck wrote:
Anyone think going back again in the evening and hitting it hard would be counter-productive or injurious?
[/quote]

Yeah. Why were you “trying something new?” Just for the sake of change? Stay consistent, work hard, eat big, and rest well. That’s the ticket.

If you are training chest rather than bench, you may get a better response at one of the other forums here.

Occasionally, very occasionally, I’ll go back to the gym a second time because I’m not satisfied with how I lifted the first time. I’ve never had any problems doing this, but when I’ve previously done this:

a. I wasn’t planning on going to the gym the next day.

b. I made sure to separate the workouts by a good five hours.

c. I only repeated part of my morning workout - not all of it.

if i only have time to do main lifts, squat bench deads at my school ill go after practice and hit light accessories

[quote]benchaffleck wrote:
I just trained chest heavy this morning and did not perform as well as I had liked. Usually I train at night because I have a lot more strength then, but today I decided to do something different and I’m sorry I did. I want to go back for a second chance to hit it right. Anyone think going back again in the evening and hitting it hard would be counter-productive or injurious?

[/quote]

Yes