Are Beginner Gains a Myth?

Needless to say, someone who is seriously FAT (not skinny soft) to start with SHOULD focus on losing weight with diet and training and forget about feeding his beginner gains with massive food intake.
If you’re endomorphic and started heavy you will gain muscle very easily at almost any stage. YOur challenge will be to get and stay lean.

I have seen beginner gains myself in my legs and back. I spent a year and a half only working chest, arms and abs. The notion to work my back and legs never even crossed my mind. Then i started researching on ways to get my physique to the next level, and stumbled upon bodybuilding.com.

It was then I discovered that I should be working my legs, and a general idea of how to structure a routine. I started Deadlifting, Squatting and the Whole nine yards, my progress went something like this in 5-6 months time;

155 BW 7% BF - 180 BW 10% BF
185x5 Oly Squat - 265x5
275x3 Deadlift - 365x3
115x5 Row - 205x5
OHP 95x6 - 135x6

Bench Press, on the other hand; 185x8 - 215x5
Which im assuming was mostly from the increased shoulder strength, as my chest hardly grew at all in those 5-6 months (Now i use DBs almost exclusively for chest).

For those 5-6 months, i had already known how to push myself, and had an idea of how to make a routine; os yes i would say that beginner gains are real. I also got lazy with my legs and and deadlifts because i thought i would try CW’s Bodybuildings next frontier - BAD Idea - found it too exhausting so mostly just worked upper body for 2 months, with little leg work

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
LOL. My grandfather didn’t feel he shortened his life span by smoking a carton of cigarettes a day since he was 25…even when he died at 65. Cos he considered that a “long life” anyway.

You have NO idea what your potential is anyway, since it keeps changing. …

Can I disprove it? No who the hell can? Labor under delusions and lead the rest of the blind lol.

I repeat, if you lose out on your beginner gains, your potential phsyique (after 10 years of training) is going to be vastly DIFFERENT from what it was if you ate properly from the onset. Look at your physique 10 years from now, and while YOU will think you reached your full potential…others will know the truth when they look at you.

If you miss out on your beginner gains, you might as well adopt the practice of being content with your progress instead of trying to stand out in public. The important thing is that YOU’RE happy with your progress after all lol.

EDIT: NOT a knock on you…you may well have a superb physique and get on stage in a couple of years even after missing out on your full potential. That may not/will not be the case with everyone though.

[/quote]

Look… I don’t have a problem with the concept you’re putting forward, but you haven’t even explained WHY you think this way. As far as I’m concerned, what you’re saying right now is just an opinion, and a pretty random one at that, which makes you saying:
"Labor under delusions and lead the rest of the blind lol. "
seem really arrogant. Put up or shut up.