Archetypes of the Mature Masculine and Help

So it’s been close to a year @Benanything, how is your outlook on life and personality progress coming along?

1 Like

Well, I’ve no idea how exactly but I would describe it as… I’ve come into a stage of acceptance? For lack of a better way of describing it. I find myself more indifferent to people for the most part except for the select few whom I choose to focus my attention.

I’ve come to the acceptance that everyone has different world views/wants regardless of how absurd some of them may seem to me, in the end it simply doesn’t matter. Their viewpoint/way of life does not affect me whatsoever. That and it’s somewhat comforting to me that in the end, everyone dies. None of this matters. Some people choose to make the most out of it, some people don’t. You shouldn’t care.

Reading back to my previous few posts, I genuinely wonder what was going through my head. That being said though, I’m glad. I’m glad that I can look back at myself and go “phew, at least I ain’t that guy anymore.” Seriously though, I’ve no idea how I got such a large stick up my ass but I’m pretty sure it’s out now.

As for the whole empathy thing, I can’t say I made much progress for it other than the fact that I try to respond as if I were empathic(I ain’t). Faking it, if I were to be honest. Apparently, you can get away with a lot of things by simply nodding and agreeing with someone. Hell, I’m 99% sure that has made me more ‘likeable’ by most people’s standards so I guess I’ve that going for me.

Forgot to reply to this but my response as of right now would be… I don’t think about it and I honestly don’t think it matters anymore. The man’s been dead for the past 3 years, what difference does it make?

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

This line right here gave me a good chuckle.

What’s also interesting is that you’re on a website in which nearly everyone here are amongst the “mediocre” masses. Raising kids, families, law and rule abiding, maintaining friendships, perhaps involved in their own communities. Yes, what suckers are the mediocre masses.

And to think no one really holds power? Open your eyes or read a history book pal! There are people who’ve altered or ENDED other peoples’ lives with as much as a stroke of a pen or depending on what mood they woke up in!

Your statements… just… I don’t know…

1 Like

If this is what makes someone mediocre, I wonder what exceptional looks like…

1 Like

… a few manipulating text messages.

Depends on the yard stick … against what is it being measured?

I think you guys are taking the test wrong. The correct answer is 100% Fairy.

This is the first thread on an internet forum I’ve ever come across that tried to specify a set text.

This may be the single best piece of life advice I’ve seen given to a young man via the internet