April Fool's Day

I tried actually tricking people here a few times on April 1st and the second or third person usually ruins the trick when they mention that it’s April 1st.

So let’s just talk about tricks we’ve played.

My best was not actually on April 1st. It was Christmas break in high school and the sun sets at about 4:30 in Winnipeg…well me and two buddies were going to sit down and watch all three Star Wars movies ( this was 1991) and at about 6PM we put in the first movie and one buddy falls asleep.

So I put in Return of the Jedi and fast forwarded to the end when the Ewoks are singing and we set the clock on the VCR to 1:30 AM.
We woke him up and since we’d all seen all three of those movies fifty times that guy looked at the clock, then the movie, then fled out of the house and drove home. It was about 6:30 by this time.

Try that now with the Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition and you could trick a guy into thinking he was in a coma for 5 years.

I go to the gym at 5:45 am…I SWEAR I set my alarm before I went to bed…I didn’t and now I’m missing my Monday morning squats. I fucking April foolsED myself, and it’s Monday…just gotta wait till tomorrow :frowning:

Not entirely in accordance with the thread’s aim, but this is a pretty weak effort by YouTube.

Unless they actually pull the site from it’s servers for a while and stop allowing access, then it would be genius.