Apps You Like

i have an iphone 3g. not a typo i still have a 3g. i did the update this morning maybe its better.

I have the iPad as does my wife.

My wife loves: Jelly Car, TMZ (for the gossip)

There’s some great puzzle games for little kids.

I’ve downloaded a fair number of TV shows on it.

Stock market apps, e-trade, etc.

email

21 Teacher was very helpful getting ready for Vegas. Refreshed basic strategy so it became automatic.

GymBuddy is a great app for creating and tracking your workouts, best $3.99 I have ever spent for training.

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]fighting_fires wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:
Words With Friends is a good app. Possibly the most used app both on my previous iPhone and now my Samsung Galaxy 2. Basically it’s Scrabble on your phone and will work across iOS and Android phones.

Another good game for the iPhone I found was Worms: Armageddon (I think). Or whatever the latest Worms game is on it. A little difficult to get used to at first but loads of missions and multiplayer (sharing the phone)!

Other than those I kinda burned out on all the apps pretty quickly. I tried a couple of gym resource apps for tracking lifts but they were mostly cumbersome and a pita to use so I now just use Color Notes. [/quote]

Words with Friends is OK.

Free Scrabble much better. I’m addicted to both.[/quote]

Didn’t realise there was a free ‘Scrabble’. Do you have it on Android? I find the WWF occasionally buggy.

[/quote]

occasionally?!?! the shit never works.
[/quote]

What phone/OS are you running it on? I know there was an update recently for slightly older phones (offers Swype etc).
[/quote]

iPad Touch 4 and I’ve seen it on iPhones

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:
Words With Friends is a good app. Possibly the most used app both on my previous iPhone and now my Samsung Galaxy 2. Basically it’s Scrabble on your phone and will work across iOS and Android phones.

Another good game for the iPhone I found was Worms: Armageddon (I think). Or whatever the latest Worms game is on it. A little difficult to get used to at first but loads of missions and multiplayer (sharing the phone)!

Other than those I kinda burned out on all the apps pretty quickly. I tried a couple of gym resource apps for tracking lifts but they were mostly cumbersome and a pita to use so I now just use Color Notes. [/quote]

How so? I’ve been addicted to WWF for a while, never bothered to try Scrabble.

Cydia first and foremost! Lol.

Convertbot

Skyfire web browser for watching flash videos

Shazam. It “listens to” and identifies songs you don’t recognize on the fly with stunning accuracy.

TextNow if you currently have to pay for texts.

GoodReader and/or iFile

Dictionary.com and Oxford English Dictionary

A whole shitload of wonderful tweaks and modifications that you have to jailbreak to take advantage of.

I 2nd the jailbreak, I forgot how crappy the original OS is. I broke with redsn0w.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[/quote]

Play is much smoother, integrated dictionaries, has a “teacher” to show you what you should have done to get the max score with the letters you had, integrated playlist, etc.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[/quote]

Play is much smoother, integrated dictionaries, has a “teacher” to show you what you should have done to get the max score with the letters you had, integrated playlist, etc.
[/quote]

Sold! Thanks. Those are some of the exact features I have been feeling WWF lacks. Particularly having to exit the app to check if a certain word is going to be valid.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sold! Thanks. Those are some of the exact features I have been feeling WWF lacks. Particularly having to exit the app to check if a certain word is going to be valid. [/quote]

Yep, you can totally check to see if your word is ‘real’ in the integrated dictionary before you attempt it.

i have an iphone 3g. not a typo i still have a 3g. i did the update this morning maybe its better. [/quote]

My wife has the 3g also, for me the 4g, she’s waiting for the 5. I think you’ll see massive changes in the 4 and hopefully the 5. Any reason you didn’t upgrade totally to the 4? Waiting for the contract? etc.

I was majorly skeptical about changing over to Apple, but I do love my phone now. Sorry this isn’t a thread about that. :slight_smile:

[quote]Adam Bomb wrote:
GymBuddy is a great app for creating and tracking your workouts, best $3.99 I have ever spent for training.[/quote]

Thanks for this reco. I’m seriously considering it.

Any indication on whether it can upload into a blog, or website or similar? (I guess that’s a lot to ask, when I saw the screenshots it looked really good).

Thanks.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

i have an iphone 3g. not a typo i still have a 3g. i did the update this morning maybe its better. [/quote]

My wife has the 3g also, for me the 4g, she’s waiting for the 5. I think you’ll see massive changes in the 4 and hopefully the 5. Any reason you didn’t upgrade totally to the 4? Waiting for the contract? etc.

I was majorly skeptical about changing over to Apple, but I do love my phone now. Sorry this isn’t a thread about that. :)[/quote]

The 4 is SO much better than even the 3GS. However, if you’ve gone this long with a 3G, I’d just wait until the 5 comes out.

I made the mistake of buying the original iPad just months before the iPad 2 came out. I SO want a camera in my iPad!

[quote]Cortes wrote:

I was majorly skeptical about changing over to Apple, but I do love my phone now. Sorry this isn’t a thread about that. :)[/quote]

The 4 is SO much better than even the 3GS. However, if you’ve gone this long with a 3G, I’d just wait until the 5 comes out.

I made the mistake of buying the original iPad just months before the iPad 2 came out. I SO want a camera in my iPad![/quote]

I’m planning to get the iPad 2 for my mum, we’re all in different parts of the world and the video camera/skype etc is a great way to keep in touch without the tedious nature of what a laptop brings (software, windows, virus updates etc). My mum is not tech savvy but she is getting better.

well i got my phone not this past february but the one before so it was either the 3g or the 3gs, the 4 wasnt out yet. They said it would be 100$ more for the 3gs i said no. so then when the 4 came out only 4 months later my technology fell that much further behind haha. and now were here. probably just gonna get the 5 like someone just said.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

I made the mistake of buying the original iPad just months before the iPad 2 came out. I SO want a camera in my iPad![/quote]

I’m planning to get the iPad 2 for my mum, we’re all in different parts of the world and the video camera/skype etc is a great way to keep in touch without the tedious nature of what a laptop brings (software, windows, virus updates etc). My mum is not tech savvy but she is getting better.[/quote]

Most of my American family and friends are in Texas. Exact reason I wanted that feature. Portable, easy, clear way to communicate with them that saves me the trouble of being confined to a certain room or having to set up a bunch of stuff in the other room so my 2 year old son can talk to his grandparents.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

Who knows, we might have played each other in Scrabble, anonymously.