T Nation

Approval Ratings

Congress now has a whopping 9% approval rating and the President is going strong at about 30%.

My question is:

Do we have to put up with this shit? I’m not talking about revolution, but damn, our government sucks. If your boss gave you an approval rating of 9% do you would be working for him very long?

Perhaps a national vote of no confidence?

It is amazing isn’t it? Throw all the bums out in November.

[quote]WanderingAtheist wrote:
Congress now has a whopping 9% approval rating and the President is going strong at about 30%.

My question is:

Do we have to put up with this shit? I’m not talking about revolution, but damn, our government sucks. If your boss gave you an approval rating of 9% do you would be working for him very long?

Perhaps a national vote of no confidence?[/quote]

Noe there’s an interesting thought…

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
WanderingAtheist wrote:

My question is:

Noe there’s an interesting thought…

[/quote]

Unfortunately, in order to get this vote, we have to work through the very same systems and people that are pissing us off. A revolution would be the only way to get true change at this point. Everything else would be working within the very systems and with the very same people that created this mess and would get us nowhere.

A country can’t exist forever as half-slave and half-free. You can’t be free, yet have have massive debts to pay and forced to work to pay taxes until August. A system that is irrational must self-destruct. This society is doomed, just as surely as 2 + 2 = 4.

The comparison with today’s world and the world described in Ayn Rand’s ‘Atlas Shrugged’ is eerie. For ex, the ranting today about how ‘We can’t worry about stupid decisions we made 5 years ago about oil. We have to worry about today!’ — right out of Atlas Shrugged.

Vote Libertarian. The cattle (like Rehab AlDurr) will vote for the major party candidates but you’ll be off to the side watching the society self-destruct.

My question is:

It’s gas prices and the economy.

Shockingly, government, the presidency especially, have very little effect except on inspiration and moral. Certainly, they don’t have the power to quickly change things.

The problem with the “Vote 'em all Out” strategy is that most voters, even the ones with very low opinions of congress’ job, will mostly still vote for their own reps/senators, justifying it by saying, “Yeah, congress is doing a crappy job, but MY GUY isn’t really so bad.”

And anyway, when it comes to voting it seems that name recognition is a higher factor than job performance, which would explain why some guy doing a shitty job for the last 24 years would continue to keep his seat.

My question is:

This why we have a 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment was put in place to solve problems.

Toast.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
A country can’t exist forever as half-slave and half-free. You can’t be free, yet have have massive debts to pay and forced to work to pay taxes until August. A system that is irrational must self-destruct. This society is doomed, just as surely as 2 + 2 = 4.

The comparison with today’s world and the world described in Ayn Rand’s ‘Atlas Shrugged’ is eerie. For ex, the ranting today about how ‘We can’t worry about stupid decisions we made 5 years ago about oil. We have to worry about today!’ — right out of Atlas Shrugged.

Vote Libertarian. The cattle (like Rehab AlDurr) will vote for the major party candidates but you’ll be off to the side watching the society self-destruct.[/quote]

I agree about tax , but it should go one step farther and that is less spending

But HeadHunter, why would you just throw your vote away? The two party system works so well. You get to choose between shitty and shittier!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Vote Libertarian. The cattle (like Rehab AlDurr) will vote for the major party candidates but you’ll be off to the side watching the society self-destruct.[/quote]

You seem to get to spend a great deal of time on here. I didn’t realize that the sanitarium gave that much freedom to its patients for computer use. I guess it is all part of your therapy treatment. Interesting…

[quote]pat wrote:
WanderingAtheist wrote:

My question is:

This why we have a 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment was put in place to solve problems.[/quote]

LOL, what are you planning on doing, walking up to capital hill with gunz and bulletz? Hahaha. Dream on.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
WanderingAtheist wrote:

My question is:

It’s gas prices and the economy.

Shockingly, government, the presidency especially, have very little effect except on inspiration and moral. Certainly, they don’t have the power to quickly change things.[/quote]

When congress doesn’t even have the balls to vote on expanding our domestic drilling, then it goes beyond moral, and inspirational. Those who are whores to the enviro-fucktards are holding oil reserves hostage.

Every time you buy a tank of gas, there is a 70% chance it will wind up in the hands of those that want our nation destroyed, and we have a congress full of nutless assholes who are more than happy to support lixy and her gang of cowards.

Or the Arabs:

http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Devil-Washington-Saudi-Crude/dp/1400052688/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215845511&sr=8-1

[quote]rainjack wrote:

When congress doesn’t even have the balls to vote on expanding our domestic drilling, then it goes beyond moral, and inspirational. Those who are whores to the enviro-fucktards are holding oil reserves hostage.

Every time you buy a tank of gas, there is a 70% chance it will wind up in the hands of those that want our nation destroyed, and we have a congress full of nutless assholes who are more than happy to support lixy and her gang of cowards. [/quote]

The enviro-fucktards? Are you insane?

The USA is one of the world’s richest fossil fuel producers. We’ve been exploding in an orgy of consumption for a very long time. And despite two major crises in supply and an ever-increasing dependency on foreign oil, we haven’t learned.

Taxes on gas are absurdly low. Our strategic stockpiles are unimpressive.

And you think the solution is to drill more? The solution is to do something about our seeming inability to control ourselves.

And regardless, we’re going to be dependent on the imports of potential adversaries in the foreseeable future. In fact, almost all highly industrialized nation import A LOT of their energy.

[quote]Mah-lur wrote:
The solution is to do something about our seeming inability to control ourselves.

[/quote]

Good luck with that.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
Mah-lur wrote:
The solution is to do something about our seeming inability to control ourselves.

Good luck with that.[/quote]

Taxes on gas are absurdly low. Perhaps a change is in order.

[quote]Mah-lur wrote:
NateOrade wrote:
Mah-lur wrote:

Good luck with that.

Taxes on gas are absurdly low. Perhaps a change is in order.[/quote]

Yeah let’s make buying gas more expensive. Then we’ll all stop driving and use hang-gliders instead.

[quote]Mah-lur wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Every time you buy a tank of gas, there is a 70% chance it will wind up in the hands of those that want our nation destroyed, and we have a congress full of nutless assholes who are more than happy to support lixy and her gang of cowards.

The enviro-fucktards? Are you insane?

The USA is one of the world’s richest fossil fuel producers. We’ve been exploding in an orgy of consumption for a very long time. And despite two major crises in supply and an ever-increasing dependency on foreign oil, we haven’t learned.

Taxes on gas are absurdly low. Our strategic stockpiles are unimpressive.

And you think the solution is to drill more? The solution is to do something about our seeming inability to control ourselves.

And regardless, we’re going to be dependent on the imports of potential adversaries in the foreseeable future. In fact, almost all highly industrialized nation import A LOT of their energy.[/quote]

What? We hve over 83 billion barrels of LSC sitting in Alaska, and right off shore. Who in fuck’s name is keeping us from even bringing drilling there to a vote?

China is about to start drilling about 90 miles off our Florida coast in oil fields we could already be exporting.

Yes enviro fucktards have whores like Pelosi by her political balls.

We could double our domestic oil production and cut our foreign dependence in half. That would be a very good thing. How can you not understand this?