T Nation

Appetite Suppression With HOT-ROX?

is appetite supression one of the benefits of HOT-ROX? I know I took it about 2 and a half years ago and didnt feel much of anything. Now I’ve purchased a bottle of the new Maximum Strength HOT-ROX and it seems like after taking 2 caps I can’t really eat much of anything. Don’t get me wrong, its nice to be on a lower calorie diet, but i think my protein consumption is now seriously lacking. I was just wondering if this loss of appetite is attributed to HOT-ROX or if I need to look elsewhere for the possible causes

Playboy,

That is something commonly reported with the more recent version, yes.

One compound in particular at a higher dosage is the cause.

Hope that helps.

[quote]Playboy wrote:
is appetite supression one of the benefits of HOT-ROX? I know I took it about 2 and a half years ago and didnt feel much of anything. Now I’ve purchased a bottle of the new Maximum Strength HOT-ROX and it seems like after taking 2 caps I can’t really eat much of anything. Don’t get me wrong, its nice to be on a lower calorie diet, but i think my protein consumption is now seriously lacking. I was just wondering if this loss of appetite is attributed to HOT-ROX or if I need to look elsewhere for the possible causes[/quote]

Do you think this will taper off as I keep taking it or should I lower the dosage? Right now I’m taking 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon. Like this morning I took it when I got up, took a shower, then tried eating 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter. I was pretty full after that. Then usually on my way to class I’ll drink a 16oz portein shake, it took me about 2 hours to finish that shake today.

I’ve only taken HOT-ROX for about 4 days, so I’m just trying to see what I should do. haha I can’t believe I’m complaining about a fat loss supplement making me not want to eat!

Hey Cy… Whats up with 136 capsules?? Taking the max dosage doesn’t even get you through one month. Perhaps you could sell a bottle that lasts a month on the max dosage at a bulk discount.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Perhaps you could sell a bottle that lasts a month on the max dosage at a bulk discount.[/quote]

T-Nation members already get a deep discount on Maximum Strength Hot-Rox, as well as all other products sold on T-Nation.

Larger packaging, within reason, wouldn’t result in a decreased cost per capsule.

[quote]Playboy wrote:
Do you think this will taper off as I keep taking it or should I lower the dosage? Right now I’m taking 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon. Like this morning I took it when I got up, took a shower, then tried eating 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter. I was pretty full after that. Then usually on my way to class I’ll drink a 16oz portein shake, it took me about 2 hours to finish that shake today.

I’ve only taken HOT-ROX for about 4 days, so I’m just trying to see what I should do. haha I can’t believe I’m complaining about a fat loss supplement making me not want to eat![/quote]

Playboy,

I don’t think it will taper much. If the anorectic effect is too much, I would reduce the dosage in half.

Hope that helps.