Appetite Stimulants?

Force down a HUGE breakfast, it will make you hungry all day.

Here is my ideal breakfast.

4 egg omelet with 6 slices bacon, 1/2 cup cheese.

2 cups oatmeal

1 cup milk

1 whey protein shake

1 bag of dry ramen.
This breakfast is about 1800-2000kcal.
This is in order I eat them to. I adore eggs but they are hard to eat when I’m not hungry. But I can shovel down oatmeal for a long time, and theres always room for milk. Protein shakes are pretty easy to drink if they are good, or not crappy. I eat my bag of dry ramen on the drive to work. Its like eating 420kcal cracker.

The moral is eat the hardest thing to eat first, then the easiest next.

I’ve tried a lot of drugs, and I’ve never found anything that works. Even weed doesn’t stimulate my appetite. I just have to always be eating. I don’t sit down at a table and eat meals because there is no way I would have the appetite to finish them. I take my meals wherever I go and eat all day.

MSG, monosodium glutamate.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
what’s your diet like? eating the same bland foods (chicken, brown rice, veggies) can get monotonous and suppress appetite. try eating tastier food, and don’t be afraid to cut back on the veggies a little, as all they do is fill you up for too few calories (that’s why they are perfect for dieters)

try choosing more caloricly dense foods as well. dried fruit and nuts helps a ton (think peanuts + raisins) also subbing less calorie dense food for more calorie dense food (sub skim milk for whole, white meat for dark meat)

go read the article by david barr called “5 bigger bulking tips” (or something like that) it lists some good ways to increase calories / appitite. (including the aforementioned veggie thing)

in the end, you will just have to learn to “force-feed” yourself if you want to gain weight w/ a low appitite. that’s your bodies way of telling you it doesn’t want to put on more weight, but you have to learn to fight trough that.[/quote]

I really wouldn’t cut back on the veggies. At least for me it was a mistake to think that veggies would just fill me up with out adding many calories. For some reason I tend to be able more when I eat a meal that includes veggies, in fact it makes a pretty big difference. I know it seems counter intuitive but I’m not at all the only person who feels this way.

Also, I realize the “short” term goal is to get bigger but the sooner you can get in the habit of eating more vegetables the better. Our diets in general are very inflammatory and you’ll be doing yourself a huge favor by taking in vegetables that are anti-inflammatory.