Apparently Wheat Makes You Fat?

saw something on the news saying 2 slices of wheat bread is like 12 tsp of sugar and is about as artificial as it gets. I strictly eat wheat bread I can’t remember the last time I had white. Anyone hear about this or think it’s bs?

you’re only just hearing about this? Was your rock comfortable?

But seriously. The way they phrased it was a bit dumb, but it has the same effect on the body equivalent to sugar. Have you read the labels on your food recently?

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
saw something on the news saying 2 slices of wheat bread is like 12 tsp of sugar and is about as artificial as it gets. I strictly eat wheat bread I can’t remember the last time I had white. Anyone hear about this or think it’s bs?[/quote]

According to this, obesity should be rampant in elite sports and bodybuilding.

saw something on the news saying 2 slices of wheat bread is like 12 tsp of sugar and is about as artificial as it gets. I strictly eat wheat bread I can’t remember the last time I had white. Anyone hear about this or think it’s bs?[/quote]

In this news report, did they actually say ‘whole wheat bread’ or just ‘wheat bread?’

Because most reporters are lazy and a little bit dense, and can’t be bothered to be specific or differentiate between the two (since, after all, white bread IS wheat bread, i.e., bread made from wheat).

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

According to this, obesity should be rampant in elite sports and bodybuilding. [/quote]

Not obesity necessarily but I am sure there are many who are very overweight because they take bad nutrition advice.

I thought it was the inflammation response to wheat products that caused the weight gain.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I thought it was the inflammation response to wheat products that caused the weight gain.[/quote]

X2, specifically, when compared to other sources of starchy carbohydrates that don’t contain gluten or other potentially problematic proteins but have a similar insulin/sugar level response.