T Nation

Apology To My Gym

This goes out to everyone at my gym in Tempe.

  1. I’m sorry that I stole one of the weight benches so that I could do my deadlifts. I know I’m weak only doing 335 for 3 sets of 3…but I’ll get up there.

  2. I’m sorry that I didn’t make loud grunting noises as I did my military press and thus give you a reason to stare at me muscles in action (sorry ladies…jk)

  3. I’m sorry that I made very loud noises and sweat a lot as I did my 105lb dumbell reverse lunges (Hey good for me!)

  4. To the people next to me on the treadmill…I’m really sorry that as I did my intervals (30 seconds on, 1 min walk, 30 seconds off) at an 8% grade and 10.5mph that I sweat all over the place and breathed heavy. I’m also really really sorry for those silent but deadly farts that kept escaping. It’s the Grow! I tell ya!

  5. I’m sorry that as the rest of you come in there and work with personal trainers and seemingly make no progress I look better by the month.

  6. Sorry I stole the 130lb dumbbell to do my dips with…

T-Nation is the best!

~Powda

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
I’m also really really sorry for those silent but deadly farts that kept escaping. It’s the Grow! I tell ya!
~Powda [/quote]

And I tell ya it’s the carbs. Get off that insane vego business.

[quote]sharetrader wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
I’m also really really sorry for those silent but deadly farts that kept escaping. It’s the Grow! I tell ya!
~Powda

And I tell ya it’s the carbs. Get off that insane vego business.[/quote]

V-Diet dude…

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
V-Diet dude…[/quote]

Then it’s the carbs in the fiber supplements :slight_smile: I rest my case.

[quote]sharetrader wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
V-Diet dude…

Then it’s the carbs in the fiber supplements :slight_smile: I rest my case.[/quote]

Lol not taking one…

The real answer is the outrageous amount of gum I chew and swallow…yes I know gum has carbs but I’m still getting very impressive results and it keeps me sane.
Sadly my HOT-ROX spilled in my backpack again and I had to toss the remains b/c I had two tlc plates in there which had been sitting in an Iodine chamber and were thus possibly slightly toxic. So I’m going to have to Spike it tommmorow and see if that works until more HOT-ROX arrives…prob tommorow night.

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
sharetrader wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
V-Diet dude…

Then it’s the carbs in the fiber supplements :slight_smile: I rest my case.

Lol not taking one…

The real answer is the outrageous amount of gum I chew and swallow…yes I know gum has carbs but I’m still getting very impressive results and it keeps me sane.
Sadly my HOT-ROX spilled in my backpack again and I had to toss the remains b/c I had two tlc plates in there which had been sitting in an Iodine chamber and were thus possibly slightly toxic. So I’m going to have to Spike it tommmorow and see if that works until more HOT-ROX arrives…prob tommorow night.[/quote]

In my experience with TLC plates which have been developing in an iodine tank, the iodine has usually sublimed off the plate in a matter of a few hours if not sooner. Your capsules would probably have been ok but I understand your caution. Question is why where they in your rucksack if you are worried about iodine toxicity issues?
Why you did not stick your TLC plates in your lab book or leave them in the lab I do not know.
Now let that be a lesson to you. :slight_smile:

[quote]Paulos wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
sharetrader wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
V-Diet dude…

Then it’s the carbs in the fiber supplements :slight_smile: I rest my case.

Lol not taking one…

The real answer is the outrageous amount of gum I chew and swallow…yes I know gum has carbs but I’m still getting very impressive results and it keeps me sane.
Sadly my HOT-ROX spilled in my backpack again and I had to toss the remains b/c I had two tlc plates in there which had been sitting in an Iodine chamber and were thus possibly slightly toxic. So I’m going to have to Spike it tommmorow and see if that works until more HOT-ROX arrives…prob tommorow night.

In my experience with TLC plates which have been developing in an iodine tank, the iodine has usually sublimed off the plate in a matter of a few hours if not sooner. Your capsules would probably have been ok but I understand your caution. Question is why where they in your rucksack if you are worried about iodine toxicity issues?
Why you did not stick your TLC plates in your lab book or leave them in the lab I do not know.
Now let that be a lesson to you. :)[/quote]

Well now I have an excuse to take a day off from HOT-ROX and Spike it :slight_smile:
I’m interested in seeing how it works for school anyway.

I left them in my backpack in case I wanted to reference them for my lab report.

Powda how is th Velocity Diet going?

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:

  1. I’m sorry that I stole one of the weight benches so that I could do my deadlifts. I know I’m weak only doing 335 for 3 sets of 3…but I’ll get up there.

[/quote]

Why do you need a bench to do deadlifts? Do you mean you moved it so you could do deadlifts in the space it once occupied?

Did you say “stare at me muscles”?

Drop the pirate talk. You’re not a real pirate.

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Did you say “stare at me muscles”?

Drop the pirate talk. You’re not a real pirate.

DB[/quote]

Debateable…

[quote]HEO wrote:
Powda how is th Velocity Diet going? [/quote]

It’s actually going better than the first time I did it. Last time I started at 216.5 and this time I started at 203.5 (which was after a buffet or two the day before)…
Last time I checked I was actually slightly AHEAD in terms of weight loss. I also feel a lot better this time around and I’m not losing ANY strength; if anything I’m gaining strength or keeping it the same.
Rather than doing something like the Waterbury Method I’m doing split body training at 3 sets of 3 reps with 3 min rest intervals.

Basically this (everything is 3x3)
Day 1)
Bench - About 290lbs
Bent Over Rows - 225
Dips - I was doing 135 but the bars are smaller here so I’m doing 130 now
Chin-ups 65

Day 3 -
Deadlifts - 335-345
Military Press - 185-190
Reverse Lunges - 100-105
Lateral raises -55lb dumbells

Day 5 -
Close Grip Bench - 270 or so
Curls - 55lb dumbells
Ab exercise or anything else I feel like doing

NOTE: You probably noticed the lack of squats and calve exercises. I’m not doing squats for one simple reason: I get too light-headed when I do them on the V-Diet. Yeah, yeah, yeah they’re great but I’d rather do something that’s not going to possibly make me pass out.

I’m also not doing cardio; just some intervals on the treadmill.
For the last pics see V-Diet 2.0

[quote]SKman wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:

  1. I’m sorry that I stole one of the weight benches so that I could do my deadlifts. I know I’m weak only doing 335 for 3 sets of 3…but I’ll get up there.

Why do you need a bench to do deadlifts? Do you mean you moved it so you could do deadlifts in the space it once occupied?[/quote]

Someone was using the power-rack so I used the bench to load the bar and then just moved the bar to the floor to do my deads.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
Did you say “stare at me muscles”?

Drop the pirate talk. You’re not a real pirate.

DB

Debateable…[/quote]

LMFAO. I got ya, and yeah, I guess it is. But a different kind of pirate.

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Did you say “stare at me muscles”?

Drop the pirate talk. You’re not a real pirate.

DB[/quote]

Yes, I did spell it that way on purpose :slight_smile: