APF Florida State Meet

APF FLORIDA STATE MEET

Man. What an awesome meet. Jim did a really good job. Plenty of food and drinks a good DJ playing great music. The spotters were inexpirenced but plenty capable. A really good vibe. Ten of us from Tampa Barbell all came out.

SQUAT

Opener 475 Unracked smooth and sat back perfectly and got 3 whites

2nd Attempt 501 Unracked smooth and sat back really well and got 3 whites. Very fast lift.

3rd Attempt MISS 540 Unracked strong and fell backwards on the descent I was too far back on my heels.

Bench

Opener 330 Hit way low but muscled it up

2nd Attempt 360 Hit my bubble perfect and pressed up instead of back and it stalled

3rd Attempt 360 Hit my bubble perfect and pressed back and drifted all the way to 90 degrees and couldn’t get the arms to lock. I need to work a 4 board and up.

Deadlift

Opener 425 Perfect form and super easy

2nd Attempt 470 Just as easy

3rd Attempt 501 Hit the groove easy and had another 40 pounds in me.

Totalled 1339 @ 198

I got a bunch of pics coming soon

Great lifting man. Well done on breaking 5 with the squat and deadlift!

What gear did you wear?

I wore a Metal Pro Squatter, Inzer Predators, a Double Ply Rage X, Inzer Knee Wraps and Wrist Wraps, Chucks to squat, and Asics Mat Hawgs for bench and dead.

And a Tampa Barbell T-Shirt!!

Now it’s time to quit being fat and do some carb cycling and get down to 181’s for the August 11th APF Meet.

[quote]Florida Titan wrote:

And a Tampa Barbell T-Shirt!!
[/quote]

Beast. That’s the only really important thing!! I wear my Hercules club t-shirt with pride too.

Congrats again. So what’s the plan for the next comp?

Nice work, man!

Cool pictures too.

-Matt

We may shoot for the APF Byrd Memorial Meet on August 11th.

I really want to lean up a bit and get bloated as fuck the week before the meet and compete at 181’s. It’s going to suck but it’s doable.

Maybe this time I won’t fuck up the 540 squat and get myself in the top 100’s

Nice job Florida Titan. What are you looking to hit for numbers at 181?

I’d like to just hit my 3rd attempts and maybe bump up my DL a bit. I just don’t know how much my equipment is going to change from the bodyweight difference.

My Pro Squatter plus the briefs is tight as fuck but without the briefs it’s a little loose. I’ve got a Metal Ace Pro Squatter waiting for me that is the same size as my Pro Squatter. I have never tried it on so I don’t know how the third ply feels.

I’m getting a smaller bench shirt definitely. We’ve got 275ers in a 50…

[quote]Florida Titan wrote:
I’d like to just hit my 3rd attempts and maybe bump up my DL a bit. I just don’t know how much my equipment is going to change from the bodyweight difference.

My Pro Squatter plus the briefs is tight as fuck but without the briefs it’s a little loose. I’ve got a Metal Ace Pro Squatter waiting for me that is the same size as my Pro Squatter. I have never tried it on so I don’t know how the third ply feels.

I’m getting a smaller bench shirt definitely. We’ve got 275ers in a 50…[/quote]

The ACE is not a triple ply suit. It is just a thicker double ply. I have ACE briefs and they are awesome.

Good job at your meet.

Well done.

Get back to work.

jack

Good lifts, man. I’ve toyed with doing that Lake City meet in August myself. Did you lift at Southern States last year by chance? I remember there were several guys from Tommy Fannon’s club there last year. I think I remember seeing you there.

[quote]Pinto wrote:
Good lifts, man. I’ve toyed with doing that Lake City meet in August myself. Did you lift at Southern States last year by chance? I remember there were several guys from Tommy Fannon’s club there last year. I think I remember seeing you there.[/quote]

No. This was my first APF meet. I’m almost positive that we are doing the Lake City meet. Ultimately it comes down to who is going to do it too. I’m not going to lift by myself.