Anything's Possible

Thanks for the mentions in those…

This diet is crazy, but it feels good to finally be getting this over with! And what was even more of a relief, is that I didn’t blow up and skyrocket in weight when I took my break…in fact all I gained was water(5 lbs of it!), evident in the fact that I was back down to my ending weight three days after I started my second round…that gives me hope that when I finally get to a weight I am comfy maintaining, it won’t be impossible!

There will be room for enjoying food, balanced with good training!

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
Thanks for the mentions in those…

This diet is crazy, but it feels good to finally be getting this over with! And what was even more of a relief, is that I didn’t blow up and skyrocket in weight when I took my break…in fact all I gained was water(5 lbs of it!), evident in the fact that I was back down to my ending weight three days after I started my second round…that gives me hope that when I finally get to a weight I am comfy maintaining, it won’t be impossible!

There will be room for enjoying food, balanced with good training![/quote]

It is simple, not easy, but I also think it is just good for a short period to really clean up your diet if your eating habits are getting lazy.

I’ll be reading =)

Its not that my eating habits were getting lazy…but the moderate approach was sloooow and kind of confusing in a way…not steady progress like this anyway!

I like she-ra, but she needs more muscle!

That’s all.

LOVE the new avatar. Very sex-ay.

:slight_smile: Thanks!

191!!

what a morning! Sometimes I think my little daughter HATES me…she only pulls her crap with yours truly…
I had to take her to daycare in her diaper and get her dressed there cause we wasted a good 30 minutes fighting about what she’s gonna wear…she’ll be three in April…

I hate leaving her on bad terms :frowning: At least not every morning is like that…and she did perk up and we hugged and she said ‘sowwy mommy.’ :frowning:

Training-

Front squat/press combo-I like these!
3x8x90

Single arm db press
3x8x35

Lat pulldown-
3x8x100

Lat raises-
3x8x15s

Preacher curl
3x9,8,x7 with a 20lb db
My left bicep is a weakling…trying to work up to 3x12.

Good mornings-
3x8x115

Hammies still sore from Monday’s single leg dl’s…decided to lay off anymore thrusting or bridges today :wink:

Got an orientation this evening with a married couple…he wants to add muscle, and she wants to ‘tone up.’ He’s got a shoulder issue, but I don’t know exactly what…shoulda asked over the phone, but I forgot! Hopefully it’s nothing major.

Thought I’d share a few days of my eats, cause it’s that darn exciting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Greek yogurt+asparagus+2 fish oils

Turkey meatballs+ a lot of cabbage

1/2 cup lo fat cottage cheese+ cucumbers

Turkey cutlets+ green beans + 2 fish oils

Cool, huh? NOT!

Friday is my refeed! And I look forward to it like x-mas morning… :smiley:

Orientation went well…the guy was asking a bunch of questions for his own benefit, not because he had plans of working with me :frowning: But his wife was intrigued, and wants to work more directly with me, yay!! She’s a tiny thing, about 5’5, 120 lbs…wants to build strength!(my kind of girl :slight_smile:

At the end, it gets awkward cause I haven’t come up with a to ‘sell myself,’ that doesn’t make me sound too lame…but he asked her if having her own program and what not would be something she wanted, and she said, ‘Absolutely!’ So why didn’t I just ask then if she wanted to set something up? I don’t know!!!

I guess I have to get over this if I really want to make this work, huh?

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
Orientation went well…the guy was asking a bunch of questions for his own benefit, not because he had plans of working with me :frowning: But his wife was intrigued, and wants to work more directly with me, yay!! She’s a tiny thing, about 5’5, 120 lbs…wants to build strength!(my kind of girl :slight_smile:

At the end, it gets awkward cause I haven’t come up with a to ‘sell myself,’ that doesn’t make me sound too lame…but he asked her if having her own program and what not would be something she wanted, and she said, ‘Absolutely!’ So why didn’t I just ask then if she wanted to set something up? I don’t know!!!

I guess I have to get over this if I really want to make this work, huh?[/quote]

Don’t wait until the end to try and close the deal. What does this orientation involve? I’m not sure how your system works.
At my gym clients will call for PT and either ask specifically for one trainer they know or they are referred to a trainer. When I meet with someone, the first thing I do is find out their basic info (availability and goals) and then give them an overview of a 6 week program. Talk about when they can train with you and work out a schedule. They may not be sold on you yet, but you have “booked” them for the next 6 weeks. I also give my price up front and what it includes. I do not do any measurements, weigh-ins etc until they have made a commitment to train with me. I find that when the client can see how the timing is going to work for them, usually the only hurdle left is how they are going to pay for the sessions. Be blunt, i.e You can pay me now or at the first session in the full amount, or you have the option of paying by credit card at the front desk. Do not take a session by session payment if they want to book for multiple training days, you run the risk of the client not showing up and you lose out.

Assume that every client WILL book with you and talk as if they already have made the commitment. Speak with confidence and be prepared to answer any concerns, but keep it brief.
Selling PT sessions is just like selling shoes or any other retail commodity. It’s a topic that should be covered more extensively during the certification process, mine did not touch on it at all.

Hey, thanks for stopping in Diana!

The way my gym works, is that when someone becomes a new member they fill out a sheet to have an orientation…It’s sort of like an introductory workout for them, and a way to sell ourselves as well…I spend the first part discussing goals, what there lifestyle is like, etc…And I personally like to get there measurements, because even if they don’t end up working with me, at least they have something to go off that will hopefully keep them motivated to keep coming back!

Then we go out ‘on the floor,’ and I either do a basic full body workout, or show them goal specific exercises to peak there interest…

Do you use the same program for everyone, unless they asked for something otherwise? I guess the difference between you and I is that these people aren’t asking for it…the orientation is just part of there membership, unless of course they already know they want a PT!

Back to the drawing board!

The hubby just came home with Burger King…damn him!

What does your front squat/press combo look like? That sounds intriguing.

Other than the cucumbers (I HATE cucumbers with a burning passion) that food sounds pretty good to me. I eat along those lines myself, just not as strictly.

Holding steady at 191…it would be cool to make it under 190 tomorrow morning before my pig out! I typically go up a couple pounds after the refeed(normal) and it takes a day or two to get back down…

Front squat to press looks kinda like this:

Maybe I’ll take a video of MYself doing it next time! :slight_smile:

I eat along the same lines as well, the only difference is a bit more fat, throw some fruit in there in the morning, and maybe some carbs after training…
When I’m at maintainence I may not even have the carbs after training…I’m going to have eat lean to STAY lean!! Life sucks, but what ya gonna do? Luckily, I don’t even care for breads, pastas,etc…I’m more of a once in awhile type, and can get by with just little bites here and there…
I will incorporate some free meals though! And possibly keep the refeed of carbs for the end of the week…

I was TERRIBLY hungry this week…made the mistake of watching Man Versus Food last night…had to bust out a celery stick, LOL! I want a cheese steak now!

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:

Maybe I’ll take a video of MYself doing it next time! :)[/quote]

That looks really fun! A video starring you would be great.

It is pretty fun, and gets the heart going!

Today’s EATS:

915: string cheese on the way to drop kiddo off at daycare(oops)

11am: about 6 oz turkey cutlets, can of green beans! (if I buy canned, it’s the no salt added kind so I can salt it myself :stuck_out_tongue:

1230: celery stalk with a smidge of peanut butter(smudge meaning about 1/2 a teaspoon!)

230: roast beef slices(of the deli meat variety) asparagus, a whole bag. :slight_smile:
sugar free jello cup.

3-430pm- 2 cups o coffee with a splash of pumpkin spice creamer and cinnamon on top, mmm…

6pm- 4oz ground venison with sloppy joe sauce…no veggies…kinda veggied myself out today.

I don’t care to eat by the clock…and I don’t like eating after dinner which is about 6-630pm…I’m old so I go to bed early, at about 930…if Im absolutely STARVING I have celery or cottage cheese :stuck_out_tongue: But most times I rough it…I sleep better when I’m not full.

***Been editing as I go today, cause even though I plan on what I may eat for the day, tastes change!

You are old, huh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Currently, I am eating a salad made up of greens, cooked beets and shredded left over chicken breast. Not on a diet, just the food I choose to eat.

cooked beets and chicken, huh? Never been a fan, but I tried them chilled the other night and they weren’t half bad!

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
Holding steady at 191…it would be cool to make it under 190 tomorrow morning before my pig out! I typically go up a couple pounds after the refeed(normal) and it takes a day or two to get back down…

[/quote]

Your diet looks healthy to me. We will be following your progress. :slight_smile:
This front squat to press with just the bar looks like it would be nice warmup for a squat and press day. Thanks for posting it!

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
cooked beets and chicken, huh? Never been a fan, but I tried them chilled the other night and they weren’t half bad![/quote]

I’ve never like canned beets but this summer my neighbor gave us some fresh from her garden, and we roasted them with sea salt and olive oil. I literally chose them for snacks over cheez-its, I swear to you.

mmm, cheez-its…the problem with that is that I could eat way too many, so I just don’t!

It’s hard to overeat broccoli though :stuck_out_tongue: