Anything Wrong With Smoking Occasionally

Im not a heavy smoker, I may smoke in a social setting like when im at the bar, but is there anything wrong with smoking just sometime, im not talking a pack a day?

And I just smoke black n milds.

Well it’s not going to make you any healthier, but if you smoke a few cigarretes every few weeks I doubt it’s going to have a major effect on your health, unless you continue to do so for decades.

People fail to realize that there is a big difference between having a smoke with a drink after dinner and smoking a box of 20 in a night, 3 times a week.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Well it’s not going to make you any healthier, but if you smoke a few cigarretes every few weeks I doubt it’s going to have a major effect on your health, unless you continue to do so for decades.

People fail to realize that there is a big difference between having a smoke with a drink after dinner and smoking a box of 20 in a night, 3 times a week.[/quote]

x2

Also, how do you smoke those nasty things? Seeing as how you only smoke occasionally, at least invest in a GOOD cigar.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
Im not a heavy smoker, I may smoke in a social setting like when im at the bar, but is there anything wrong with smoking just sometime, im not talking a pack a day?

And I just smoke black n milds.[/quote]

I’m gonna say the smoking on its own…no, however compounded by your pedophilic tendencies and apparent mental retardation I’d say it could be a tad unsafe.

[quote]Itchy wrote:

Also, how do you smoke those nasty things? Seeing as how you only smoke occasionally, at least invest in a GOOD cigar.[/quote]

That’s exactly what I do. I might smoke once every few months, but when I do it’s a fine cuban cigar most often then not.

I agree that it’s fine. Do what you want, bottom line.
Along the cigar comments, they don’t do the same was what a cigarette will do. With cigars you don’t inhale.

[quote]Bicep_craze wrote:
Itchy wrote:

Also, how do you smoke those nasty things? Seeing as how you only smoke occasionally, at least invest in a GOOD cigar.

That’s exactly what I do. I might smoke once every few months, but when I do it’s a fine cuban cigar most often then not. [/quote]

I’m the same way, but I have to disagree on the cubans. I’ve only smoked a few cubans in my life but I thought they were overrated. Not much different than cigars rolled anywhere else, if you ask me.

I don’t see anything wrong with it at that amount of consumption.

I prefer reefer.

I used to smoke 60 a day. Now I might have a cigar at new years or christmas, if I’ve had a few drinks. I never want one if I’m sober.

Those that smoke occasionally are in danger of becoming regular smokers. It might not take more than someone offering you a smoke at work one day, and you take one on a whim. Two days later you get offered another, you take it… you can see where this is going.

To answer the original question; yes, I think smoking occasionally can be very hazardous to your health, in that it might make you a more permanent smoker. It’s a slippery slope.

I smoke weed on occasion. It sure doesn’t help my cardio. If you have to run alot I would advise against smoking anything.

‘Occasionally’ occasionally turns into a habit.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Bicep_craze wrote:
Itchy wrote:

That’s exactly what I do. I might smoke once every few months, but when I do it’s a fine cuban cigar most often then not.

I’m the same way, but I have to disagree on the cubans. I’ve only smoked a few cubans in my life but I thought they were overrated. Not much different than cigars rolled anywhere else, if you ask me.[/quote]

I’m the same I’ve probly smoked the majority of major brands available from cuba [a good reason to live in commie-supportive canada] and found some nice and some fairly regular. thing is none of those where even in the top 5 i’ve ever smoked.

The best cigar I’ve ever had would be from the dominican republic. the second best being from a private micro plantation in Haiti, which was surprising considering they dont even grow food in Haiti.

That being said I’m a fucking athmatic but never noticed any detrimental effects from smoking on my cardio when i only smoked every couple months. The day of cotton mouth afterwards is rough but there is no experience like a great cigar and a cup of 100% kona coffee. Makes me feel unfortunately bourgeoisie but what the hell.

-chris

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

I’m the same way, but I have to disagree on the cubans. I’ve only smoked a few cubans in my life but I thought they were overrated. Not much different than cigars rolled anywhere else, if you ask me.[/quote]

Honduran w/ a shade grown wrapper FTW.

geez, I haven’t smoked in years, now I sort of want to.

I don’t want to be too harsh but it’s like you’re asking us if you can smoke. Yeah sure go ahead! noone can ever tell you smoking is good, its SMOKE IN YOUR LUNGS AND MOUTH. Lot’s of things we shouldn’t do (myself included) like drugs, booze and EATING SHIT but we still do it. I know this is in the off topic forum but it doesn’t excuse how stupid it is.

DJ

Why do you only smoke in social settings? I drink beer but I wouldn’t only drink in social settings. I drink beer because I like it. It sounds like you smoke because you think it’s cool. Just an observation.

If it’s truely something you enjoy then doing it once or twice a month shouldn’t hurt you. If your doing it to be cool or to fit in then you should probably stop, not because it will hurt you physically but because you are doing something that is destructive to your body for a crappy reason.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
‘Occasionally’ occasionally turns into a habit. [/quote]

Yup. You’re right. But I’m an AH when I drink…and I don’t enjoy it at all. I should buy a GD vaporizer. Because I think even occasional smoking fucks with gas exchange.

[quote]miroku333 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:

I’m the same way, but I have to disagree on the cubans. I’ve only smoked a few cubans in my life but I thought they were overrated. Not much different than cigars rolled anywhere else, if you ask me.

Honduran w/ a shade grown wrapper FTW.

geez, I haven’t smoked in years, now I sort of want to.[/quote]

you’re right. shade growth outer is bad ass. good with a rum dip too.

-chris

I enjoy a cigar once in awhile. I hate cigarette smoke, it gives me nausea. But cigar smoke is different for me. A good clean cigar can be smooth. And like mentioned above, a 2-3 in a year won’t kill anyone.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I enjoy a cigar once in awhile. I hate cigarette smoke, it gives me nausea. But cigar smoke is different for me. A good clean cigar can be smooth. And like mentioned above, a 2-3 in a year won’t kill anyone. [/quote]

True that man, so much time is spent avoiding the good stuff that people forget to enjoy themselves. Constantly living all pent up and nervous.