TnT's Forward Momentum!

Praying for the situation buddy!

1 Like

Thanks my friend, I appreciate it!!

Feel better soon :blush:

1 Like

I hope you can find a few minutes to burn off some of that stress. It has a way of making you feel like crap at a time where you need to feel your best.

If you have 10 minutes then just go knock out a few sets of your favorite exercise.

1 Like

Hope the situation passes soon!

1 Like

Hope this goes away my friend. You’ve been through enough.
Looking forward to have you back here with no fuss.

1 Like

Sending positive vibes your way!

1 Like

Chin up matey

1 Like

@losthog @simo74 @Spock81 @ChickenLittle @Frank_C @mortdk @littlesleeper @ChongLordUno @duketheslaya

Y’all are a great crew, thank you very much for your encouragement! Not only do I frequent the forums for information and entertainment but at least as much, and probably moreso, for the community and support that we give and receive :slight_smile:

Observation - life doesn’t always, or even often, entail what we expect. Even the most perfect-seeming life has disappointments. That’s the nature of life on Planet Earth. In rough circumstances, I’m finally learning to recognize what is truly important during my brief stint here. For me, that is learning about God, what He wants for us, and how I can know and please Him.

To some non-religious people, the idea of knowing God may belong to the realm of clergy or nutjobs. To me though, it only makes sense that a God who took the time and care to create people would also want us to know him, like a good parent wants to know their kids and their kids to know them. Along that line, one name Jesus was given is Emmanuel, which is Hebrew for God is with us. The name perfectly captures the creation account in Genesis.

After the snake tempted Adam and Eve and they fell, the Bible says God was walking in the Garden in the cool of the evening, calling man, humanity, looking for Adam and Eve as they hid from him. The name Emmanuel and Jesus’ life and character present God as doing what he did from the beginning - meeting us where we’re at in life, his love for his people compelling him to search for us, especially when we run away.

“All we like sheep have gone astray, each has turned to his own way, and the Lord has laid on him (Jesus) the iniquity of us all.”

5 Likes

Many years ago I met a man who didn’t wear any shoes. I asked him how he could walk around with no shoes because it was freezing. He said that his never git cold then… He told me a story…

He had hit rock bottom. He had nothing. His wife and kids were hungry, and he prayed. And prayer some more. He said God spoke to him and told him if he would take off his shoes that he would take care of him and his family. He took off his shoes and has never put a pair back in his feet! And that he had just finished putting his youngest child through college.

His feet were callused and discolored from the years but he was the happiest man you could ever meet.

At the time I didn’t put much thought into his words, but now, I honestly believe that the Lord spoke to this man. For whatever reason.

I always wonder if He tries to speak to the rest of us, but we won’t shut up long enough to hear Him.

1 Like

Sat. Nov. 3, 2018

Goals worked towards (updated): 10 pushups with 100 pounds on my back, healthier shoulders, not letting negative life situations destroy my health.

Warm up: pull aparts SS rear delt kickbacks

• double red band x 15 / 5 x 15
  • double red band x 15 / 5 x 15
  • curls/laterals/press x 8 x 10 each

Wide neutral rows SS pushups on stands

• 60 x 10 / bw x 15
  • 80 x 10 / 10 x 12
  • 100 x 10 / 15 x 12
  • 110 x 10 / 15 x 13
  • 120 x 10 / 15 x 15

V-ups SS lateral raises

• bw x 15 / 18 x 12
  • bw x 15 / 18 x 12
  • bw x 15 / 18 x 12

Tonight was a good return. I took a page from @Frank_C’s log and kept the workout short and sweet. I’m forcing myself to cut volume WAY down so I can increase frequency. Being able to lift even a little each day gives me something to look forward to.

@simo74 inspired me to start doing weighted push-ups, so I figured this is the time. Short workouts, rehab-focused warm-ups, and exercises that heal instead of hurt. Here’s to win-win-win :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice work on those weighted push ups. That is a very decent weight to add. Nice

1 Like

Exercise observation: in the mid-90s, a friend loaned me a short book written by Tom Platz about exercise selection. Platz contended that the single most effective type of exercise is whatever moves the torso through space, with added weight as needed. He believed the second most effective is compound free weights.

From supersetted weighted pushups and barbell rows, which muscle worked hardest? The one that suppresses the gag reflex.

Seriously, I get a fantastic workout from anything that moves my upper body through space - squats, deadlifts, lunges, pullups, pushups, burpees, etc. - even when done with “just” bodyweight. I think Platz was right.

It’s a start - I’ma gonna catch u soon! :grin:

That’s absolutely incredible, @ChickenLittle!

Absolutely. The Bible backs that up, and my own experiences says so, too. Which raises the point that we (I) should expectantly listen for God’s voice more, especially with how rotten the world has become.

1 Like

I don’t own a scale. I’ve not had a gym membership in 1.5 years, so I’ve not tracked my weight. At the doctor two weeks back, I weighed in at 208. Whoof. I’ve not weighed that much in 12 years. At 5’11", I’m not supremely beefy, but that’s 12 pounds higher than I usually cruise at. While I’m not overly worried about the extra flab hanging over my belt :unamused: I don’t care for the decreased energy level or the extra effort normal activities require.

On the plus side, the night temperature is nearly freezing here, so I’m well-insulated for the winter.

3 Likes

That’s the biggest issue I’ve had with my bulk this year. 30 lbs is a lot of extra strain on my joints. I feel like I’m lumbering instead of running when I jog. I’m already down 8 or so pounds and I feel better. I think I need to keep going though to get back to a comfortable weight.

What I don’t understand is how these professional and college football players can look athletic and graceful at 260 lbs… I know that all they do is train and recover but they make it look easy.

1 Like

There’s the top 1% for you. Their lack of extreme lactic acid levels don’t allow them to feel exhausted the same way we do. They don’t even comprehend what it means to be dead tired in the same way you and I do. If you trained them for powerlifting, they’d all be pulling around 3x BW after a few years. They’d also make pretty awesome strongmen.

1 Like

How many are you down now? When I get too heavy, my joints all ache more. I wonder if you’ll feel better and better as you lean up.

Yep, that’s exactly right. I read an article about Dean Kanzanares the ultramarathoner. His running and endurance are ridiculous - if memory serves, he’s ran for 180+ miles literally nonstop, munching pizza as he runs, going at a six miles an hour pace for 30+ hours. And he’s not even the best ultrarunner in the world.

It turns out his body virtually doesn’t make lactic acid. He literally doesn’t become muscularly fatigued like most do. As @liftangryordie500 pointed out, a very small part of the human population doesn’t respond to exercise like most others do.

1 Like