TnT's Forward Momentum!

haha made me smile man.

1 Like

Briefs?

What do you mean?

I’m guessing he meant to help with the hip. Either that or he want to peak at your undies. :joy:

1 Like

Loose briefs will take a ton of strain off your hips. If you get single ply ones and make sure they’re quite loose they won’t add a ton to your squat but will protect your hips

2 Likes

I thought that’s what you meant but I’m not completely up to speed with the power lifting lingo. Thanks for clarifying.

2 Likes

Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018

BUB 1 (Basic Upper Body)

Goals worked towards:

• low incline bench, rows, healthy shoulders

Wide neutral grip rows

• 60 x 15
  • 80 x 7
  • 100 x 8
  • 110 x 8
  • 120 x 8
  • 130 x 8
  • 130 x 8

Low incline DB press SS (band pull-aparts)

• 53 x 10 (10)
  • 63 x 8 (10)
  • 68 x 8 (10)
  • 73 x 8 (10)
  • 73 x 7 (10)

Chest supported rear delt flye SS low incline pec flyes

• 13 x 12 / 30 x 10
  • 13 x 10 / 30 x 10
  • 13 x 12 / 30 x 10

EZ bar curl SS standing DB triceps ext

• 80 x 7 / 58 x 18
  • 80 x 7 / 58 x 17
  • 80 x 8 / 58 x 17

Not a bad workout; my left shoulder is feeling off, so I’m needing to target my middle and lower traps more, hence the wide neutral rows and pull-aparts. Low incline dumbbell presses must substitute for barbell bench. I did 50+ reps with the triceps extensions, so I can move up that weight next week.

As my press weights indicate, I have Pectorals of Puniness. Hopefully my shoulder won’t be opposed to three sets of flyes once each week.

As the log name indicates, I’m more interested in exercising period than sticking with a set routine right now, which is why I’ve already deviated from the basic 3x5 workout I did a few days ago.

On that note, I missed a workout in the middle of last week. At least I lifted twice and rucked once (and did a bit of landscaping.) This next week, if I can lift thrice, ruck once, and increase landscaping, I’ll consider the training week a success. An upper/lower routine gives me optimal frequency and variety to address all my needs. If time or energy don’t allow though, I’ll call an audible and throw in a whole body workout.

4 Likes

Your log will be a great informed lifting log one that is practical and experienced

1 Like

Thanks 'hog, that’s quite a compliment!

Sunday, Oct. 21, 2018

Sas-squats day

Goals worked towards: front squats

Front squats

• bw x 21
  • 65 x 10
  • 95 x 8
  • 115 x 3
  • 125 x 3
  • 135 x 3
  • 145 x 3
  • 155 x 3
  • 165 x 3
  • 175 x 3
  • 185 x 3

Single leg calf raise w/ dumbbell

• 10 x 12
  • 10 x 12
  • 10 x 13

Dumbbell swings SS farmer walks

• 45 x 20 / 73 DBs x 85 yards

Reverse lunges

• bw x 20/leg

I was smoked so only did one set instead of three each for the three assistance exercises. Normally I’d have pushed through and finished everything, but I gave myself leeway to rest because

NEPA

• 2 hours digging up, wheelbarrowing, and stacking around 250 paver blocks I’m using to build a patio. Making several trips with a wheelbarrow loaded with a couple hundred pounds of pavers fulfilled the loaded carry quotient, and lifting a couple thousand pounds of bricks sure worked my hip hinge muscles. It’s almost like real work, well, works the muscles :joy:

Today was a successful lifting day. My glute medius needs strengthening, which will improve my balance and movent quality. My shoulders feel fantastic from yesterday’s BUB, which confirms the prudence of dumbbell presses and wide neutral grip rows.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tag! I had read in another log about your horrific injuries. Very inspirational comeback!
Glad to see you logging again!

1 Like

What about you little chicken, who’s your training these days

It sucks!

2 Likes

Hmmmmm… everything okay here?

1 Like

Agreed @ChickenLittle. Where did our buddy go…

2 Likes

@ChickenLittle @losthog Thanks for checking, I appreciate it. I caught a sinus infection early last week that knocked me on my butt. Moreover, I’m in the midst of a family situation that’s demanding all my attention and energy. I can’t give details at the moment, but it’s consuming my life and pushing training to the background. Because training - anything, even walking - is an excellent emotional outlet, I need to force myself out to the weights at least two or three times a week.

2 Likes

Hope your family issue diets itself out soon. Even if you can get two quick sessions a week you can still pyogress and feel better. Good luck

1 Like

Thanks @simo74, I hope it does too. You’re right, even two quick sessions a week are a game-changer.

Hope everything gets better soon man!

1 Like

Thanks @duketheslaya, likewise!

1 Like