T Nation

Anyone Win Lottery?

I just found out that my cousin’s mother-in-law just won the lottery down in Florida. It wasn’t the Powerball but it was a little over 100 grand. Everyone that I’ve known that has won only got 10-100 dollars off of stupid scratch cards. Anyways, pretty crazy. Any of you have any lottery stories?

Nope, nothing extravagant. I won $500 once.

That Powerball is mine, one of these days, or years, or millenniums…

I know a guy who won a 54 mil lottery, and he acts like an ass, like he WORKED for it.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I know a guy who won a 54 mil lottery, and he acts like an ass, like he WORKED for it. [/quote]

dont worry about it…statistically he will go broke before you will

Most people who win the lottery and go from rags to riches end up losing it all. Everyone comes out of the woodwork asking for money, and they don’t know how to say no. It’s actually ruined many peoples lives.

My grandma won $10,000 once.

My best is 2 bucks.

The day I turned 18 I went to the gas station to buy a pack of smokes and a scratch off ticket. I won $500 and swore off ever playing the lotto again, still smoking sadly.

Do genetic lotteries count?

I won another ticket once.

[quote]gsxtacy wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
I know a guy who won a 54 mil lottery, and he acts like an ass, like he WORKED for it.

dont worry about it…statistically he will go broke before you will[/quote]

Not likely. He was an accountant before winning. It’s been about 8 years since he won. He gets something like a $2.7 million check every year. He bought a mansion, cars, got married, had a baby, and invests in racehorses.

Otherwise, he’s a cheap bastard (at a family party, he nixed hiring caterers and instead fed everyone hoagies on paper plates). His brother is struggling to keep his family above water and this dude is no help in the matter.

I won a free soda.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
gsxtacy wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
I know a guy who won a 54 mil lottery, and he acts like an ass, like he WORKED for it.

dont worry about it…statistically he will go broke before you will

Not likely. He was an accountant before winning. It’s been about 8 years since he won. He gets something like a $2.7 million check every year. He bought a mansion, cars, got married, had a baby, and invests in racehorses.

Otherwise, he’s a cheap bastard (at a family party, he nixed hiring caterers and instead fed everyone hoagies on paper plates). His brother is struggling to keep his family above water and this dude is no help in the matter. [/quote]

That is disgraceful.

And race horses? Really? Race horses?

So what does he do now? He start a business or anything?

I won a coupon once

[quote]meangenes wrote:

That is disgraceful.

And race horses? Really? Race horses?

So what does he do now? He start a business or anything?[/quote]

Nothing wrong with thoroughbred race horses, but yeah, that guy sounds like he needs to have his funds dispersed to the commoners, along with a punch to the face.

Our local anchor man for the news won the lottery some time ago. It was around 50 million and I remember he would always talk about what he would do with the money if he ever won.

Well, he did and now drives a porshe when I saw him renting movies. He also once invited a crew of the news to the superbowl. Must be nice.

I won $50 in Vegas playing nickle slots once.

Playing the lottery always seemed pointless to me. Try sports gambling. At least you have a 50/50 chance of winning, even if you don’t know shit.

[quote]The Bambino wrote:
Playing the lottery always seemed pointless to me. Try sports gambling. At least you have a 50/50 chance of winning, even if you don’t know shit. [/quote]

Not really… rarely do you get good odds simply betting on a team to win or lose. there are many more variables that you have to take a risk on.

[quote]CJK wrote:
The Bambino wrote:
Playing the lottery always seemed pointless to me. Try sports gambling. At least you have a 50/50 chance of winning, even if you don’t know shit.

Not really… rarely do you get good odds simply betting on a team to win or lose. there are many more variables that you have to take a risk on. [/quote]

Uhhhh…unless the basic rules of gambling and mathematics have changed I’d have to disagree.

Two teams play. One will win. They set a “line” to make the bet even for both sides.

After all, the oddsmakers goal is to get the action even for both sides.

This is why my grandmother has the exact same chance of winning a sports bet as I do.

[quote]The Bambino wrote:

This is why my grandmother has the exact same chance of winning a sports bet as I do.

[/quote]

same with the lottery…