Anyone Willing to Give my Bloodwork a Once Over?

So I’ve been on TRT for several years now with the only break being when my wife and I were trying to have a baby. At that time my Dr. put me on HCG and Clomid and I continued my Anastrozole dosage. After 8 months of hating life for the most part I jumped back on Test and found a new Dr. Here is the blood work since finding a new Dr.

The first round of blood work I was injecting 250mg of Cypionate once a week while taking 1.5mg of Anastrozole split into three doses.
5 weeks before the second set of blood work I dropped my dose to 225mg and after realizing that was probably still to high I dropped to 175mg 3 weeks before the actual test. I also kept Anastrozole at 1.5mg split in 3 doses.
A week ago I started taking 25mg of iodine a day and use iodized salt. I’ve also started injecting SC twice a week. Anastrozole is still at 1.5mg split into 3 doses. Hopefully the next set of blood work is better with these changes. I also try and give blood every 3 weeks to help with the Hematocrit.

35YO
6’1"
258lbs

My daily supplement routine consists: Flameout, Elite Pro Minerals(wich contains 200mcg of selenium to go with my Iodine caps) 25mg a day of iodine in pill form, 5,000Iu of Vitamin D3 and Curcumin.

11/21/17 Blood work. / 02/09/18 Range

Red Blood Cell: 5.32H / 5.88 4.20-5.80 million/uL
Hemoglobin: 17.3H / 17.9H 13.2-17.1 g/dl
Hematocrit: 51.5H / 54.1H 38.5-50%
T3 Uptake: 37H / 37H 22-35%
TT: 976 / 946 250-1100 ng/dl
FT: 275.7H / 261 35.0-155.0 pg/ml
Vit D, 25-OH Total: 36 / 36
T4 Total: 5.8 / 5.6 4.5-12.0 mcg/dl
Free T4: 2.1 / 2.1 1.4-3.8
TSH: 2.37 / 1.86 .40-4.50 mIU/L
Estradiol: /. 28 <OR = 39 pg/mL

I have much more info from my blood work but these seem to be the main ones most are worried about from what I’m reading.

Thanks ahead of time.

Damn I wish the doctors in Australia would give 250mg of test PW (they give 250mg every 3 weeks… trt is like 90 years behind here. Donate blood or get a phlebotomy and start taking aspirin or something (not medical advice, just what I would do). Your RBC and hematocrit is on the higher side. Thick blood increases the chance of a stroke.

Yea I’ve been trying to get it down. I work in the Arctic circle for 3 weeks at a time and can only do it when I’m home. I’ve also been trying to find my sweet spot so my FT #'s are better as well.

u should think about a anti aging clinic, I just got sick to death of dealing with gp’s who don’t have a clue, costs more but sometimes money aint the point.

Arctic circle? That’s pretty cool, how cold is it up there?

Yep mate can understand that they don't have the background but sometimes u get treated worse than a rock spider, shit me to tears, the judgment that is passed, what happed to unconditional positive regard for the patient's?, its strange that the most judgmental Gp was a gay guy, thought he might have some experience of being judged but LOL.
  17 is young but you sound like you have your head screwed on, hope u have exhausted all avenues for increasing t and not out getting on the piss and being a goose but I committed to it as a life long medication.
 Am in the higher levels of t and feel tip top, I get bloods taken regular through a mob on the net from Sydney, real good to deal with and get results sharpish and at a reasonable cost without the need for a Gp referral and work with a mob in Melbourne, bloke is great and does Skype and stuff like that, its in Moonee Ponds.

I had my thyroid, FSH, LH, prolactin, Vitamin D etc. checked multiple times before I went on TRT. No hypothyroidism, no vitamin deficiency, no symptoms or hints or a pituitary tumour etc. As to why I became hypogonadal, there are lots of possibilities and variables. I had low T for about 12 months before I hopped on TRT… and I still have low T, it sucks. I take several medications daily, have since I was very young and will likely be taking them for the rest of my life, therefore the idea of taking a medication for the rest of my life is nothing new to me. @aussie486

Vit-D25 should be near 60, take 5000iu per day. In arctic you can’t make your own.

“my Dr. put me on HCG and Clomid”
both at once is really wrong

Edit your 1st post in this thread and add the lab ranges to the results list.

On high dose iodine, TSH will be high and TSH results not usable.
High dose iodine without selenium is a real risk for thyroid autoimmune disease.

Thyroid hormone fT3 is the only active thyroid hormone and should be tested directly. T3 uptake is obsolete.

HTC: take mini aspirin and fish oil to improve blood flow, avoid iron fortified foods, read the labels: rice, flour, cereals, pasta, mixes, vitamins. HTC progressing as you reduced T dose.

Most who come here have some thyroid issues. Please eval via oral body temperatures - see below. This involves the balance of fT3 and opposing rT3.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re Thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab numbers and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

KSman I have edited my post as requested and also added my vitamin and mineral supplement routine.

I have been taking this amount of D3 for a month or more before the blood work.

I’m taking 200mcg of slenium everyday. However my iodine routine didn’t start until after my last set of blood work.

I have been taking fish oil off and on for some time and started taking 81mg of asprin a day as of today.

I ordered a thermometer a couple weeks ago, just waiting on delivery and I will start taking temps and record my findings here.

I will also continue reading the stickies, thank you for your help.

Morning temps past 2 days have been 95.6 and 96.
I took my first midday temp just now and it’s reading 97.3

The past year has been pretty routine but my latest results have me concerned that I need a change in my routine.
I’ve been on 160mg of CYP a week split into 2 doses for some time now.
1.5mg of Anastrozole split into 3 doses a week.
250IU of HCG 3 X a week. (will be pulling this one soon)
Sermorelin .5mg nightly.
Supplements haven’t changed except lowering my IODINE to 12.5mg a day.
I’ve ran one blast since my last post and intended on doing another 12 weeks next week.

Cholesterol 226MG/DL <200mg/dl
HDL Cholesterol 57MG/DL >39mg/dl
Triglycerides 87MG/DL <150mg/dl
LDL Cholesterol 152 MG/DL <100mg/dl
LDL/HDL Ratio 2.66 Ratio <3.55 Ratio

Test, Total 635 250-1100ng/dl
Test, Free 147.6 46-224pg/ml
Test, Bio 303.5 110-575ng/dl
SHBG 17 10-50nmol/L
Albumin 4.5 3.6-5.1g/dl
Estradiol 18 <OR=39pg/ml

IGF-1 259NG/ML 72-228NG/ML

HCT 51.8% 37-49%

T3 Uptake 30.2% 24.3-39%
T4 Total 4.6UG/DL 4.5-10.5UG/DL
FTI 4.2UG/DL 4.2-11.6 UG/DL
TSH 5.2UIU/ML .400-4.100UIU/ML
TBC 1.1 .8-1.3

I’ve been feeling great and I’ve lost 18lbs in the past year. My cholesterol is bugging me though. I’ve never had high cholesterol and it has me wondering if I should bother with running another blast. My diet is fairly clean. I try to keep carbs around 100 on training days and under when not. Fat intake is around 100 and protien is 225 to 250 a day. Calories have been under 3000 but will be bumping that up with my blast.

Any input is appreciated.

This is gonna be a problem if you leave it like this. Also, im pretty sure anastrazole fucks your lipid profile.

2 great reasons to ditch that garbage.

2 Likes

Without it entirely my E2 is really high. I’m generally mid 20’s to 30 but this time around I’m low all over. Free and total were way lower as well. I’ve already cut back my dose to 1mg as of this week.

Cholesterol isn’t that bad, HDL/LDL ratio is great. LDL is a tad high, but probably nothing ditching adex couldn’t fix.

1 Like

Your e2 is too high on paper, or you are having e2 symptoms? E2 can get really high as long as you have high test also. Its when you have symptoms that you need to address it.

If you leave your e2 in that range, very shortly you will start to have joint pain, and things will just start being fucked. Trust me, you don’t want to fuck around with this.

1 Like

I have had joint pain over the past couple months squatting come to think of it. I’ve been on TRT for years and have just always ran at least 1mg of anastrozole and everything was fine. I’ll tweak though and do bloods again as usual. I’m curios how my levels will do with my upcoming blast.

I would try letting your E2 increase. It is cardioprotective and also good for the joints.

2 Likes

Will do for sure! I’m just curious by how much. I’m hesitant to completely ditch Anastrozole especially bumping up my dossage for the next 12.

On the test you are taking, and depending on your t level, anywhere from 30+

Serious we have dudes come in here with really high numbers and they feel great.

I run around 46 on the test you used. Feel amazing. I WAS in the 17-18 range for a long time and was Ok, the gradually started falling apart.

Thanks for all the input. I’ll ditch it for know and report back on the next set of blood work.