T Nation

Anyone Willing to Coach Me?

BTW Stinger how’s the hip pain when squatting? Better? Worse? The same?

A lot better, not really an issue right now.

The digestion however, is. Today has been terrible, i’ve felt bad all day, i don’t feel safe being away from a toilet! I had no choice but to not eat all day at work, have since had a couple of small meals but today is a write off. I will have to stop whey protein incase i have developed an allergy, although it still seems unlikely that is the cause as it never happened when my overall calories were much lower. Might also stop IF because cramming 3500+ calories in 8 hours may be contributing. The amount i have to eat to gain weight seems absurd considering my current lack of size and development.

yeah definitely ditch the whey, eggs too if you’re eating a lot of those.

Try that and see what happens. If that doesn’t fix it we’ll try something else.

Can we get a meal write-up of a typical day?
I’d love to see exactly how Stinger is implementing your nutrition guidelines RDS.

[quote]iVoodoo wrote:
Can we get a meal write-up of a typical day?
I’d love to see exactly how Stinger is implementing your nutrition guidelines RDS.[/quote]

that’s a good idea

also Stinger you might get some ideas to fix your digestion from here

[quote]stinger70 wrote:

Also, found out today that a lot of the guys i assumed were natural are on shit loads of gear. Not really relevant to this thread…but one of them always walked around wearing a shirt that said something like " i dont take steroids but thanks for asking" and today heard him discussing his cycles and hgh use. He competes around 180 at 5’10. I always thought he had an awesome natural physique, kind of shattered the illusion today when i realised. [/quote]

A quote from the great Louie Simmons i think applies well at this time for you stinger…

“I keep a bottle of testosterone sitting on a triple­ layer bench press shirt in the back of my gym, but I have yet to see it bench 5 pounds. To be great it takes planning, work, dedication, courage, and aggression. If you lack one of these ,you will fail and you have no one to blame but yourself. Losers hate winners, so It’s better to be hated in powerlifting than to hate.”

And also, if you’re going to have eggs everyday, do as John Meadows recommends, cook them differently each day and just rotate through. So, day one, scrambled, day two, over easy, day 3 hard boiled, day 4 sunny side up, etc you get the point.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
haha awesome that you are getting him to do legs twice[/quote]

kids these days are scared of hard work![/quote]

Hey fella

Good job, looks like a sound plan, very JM - like, which is by no means a bad thing. That’s why I love this site - plenty of knowledgable chaps willing to help others.
I’ll be following for sure. That dudes gonna be limping like he’s shat a brick sideways the day after his second leg workout me thinks…

Again, nice one

Moog

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

I’m Scottish, me saying oats are no good would get me deported!

[/quote]

yup.[/quote]

you can’t be Scottish, you’re too lean[/quote]

If I get into the mens health cover model final I will be sure to advocate the scottish methods for gainz

Oats, tattie soup and peri workout nutrition from irn bru[/quote]

Fuck I’ve just pissed my pants - I was literally drinking a diet Iron Bru (ghay I here you scream) when I read that post.
I’m an Englishman living and working in Bangkok, and Iron Bru is like rocking horse shit over here.

Who knew

Diet varies every day really in terms of what i actually eat. I have been taking 4 scoops of whey with milk, fruit smoothie, oats and EVOO (depending on time of day) split over 2 shakes. The rest of my calories are made up from 2 big meals, 60-100g protein each and enough carbs and fats to hit a rough calorie goal. If i don’t have a calorie goal at all, i just WILL NOT eat enough. What i think is a lot, is not enough. If it’s written down there as a target, i just force myself to hit it one way or another. Even doing this, i’ve only gained 1-2lb since i started this program and that’s force feeding myself at times to an extent i would think would make me fat if i was doing it without tracking.

My main protein sources are steak, ground beef, eggs (but not that many), beef sausage, rarely chicken because i don’t really like anything i cook myself with chicken.

For carbs i’ve been eating a lot of potatoes but also found those microwave rice packs to be pretty handy. The vegetable pilau rice and stuff is pretty tasty and doesn’t have any nasty ingredients. I do eat wholewheat bread and pasta but not daily.

I aim for roughly 5 portions of fruit / veg per day sometimes i get a little less sometimes i get 7 or 8.

I’ve kind of been put off my food by the stomach problems. Today all i’ve had is a 4 egg and sausage omelette after training, and some fruit smoothie. Don’t feel like cramming in 3500 calories at all right now.

Oh yeah, i also supplement with 3-4g EPA/DHA fish oil per day and a multi. I just realised i forgot all about the vitamin D you mentioned originally.

[quote]stinger70 wrote:
Might also stop IF because cramming 3500+ calories in 8 hours may be contributing. The amount i have to eat to gain weight seems absurd considering my current lack of size and development.[/quote]

When I trialled IF, I had found that eating the super size meals were great fun, but made it impossible for me to move for the next 2 hours due to a full digesting stomach.

May I suggest reducing your fasting time, or IF on alternate days or even just keeping the carbs to a minimum until the meal before your workout.

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:

[quote]stinger70 wrote:
Might also stop IF because cramming 3500+ calories in 8 hours may be contributing. The amount i have to eat to gain weight seems absurd considering my current lack of size and development.[/quote]

When I trialled IF, I had found that eating the super size meals were great fun, but made it impossible for me to move for the next 2 hours due to a full digesting stomach.

May I suggest reducing your fasting time, or IF on alternate days or even just keeping the carbs to a minimum until the meal before your workout.

tweet[/quote]

This ^

IF’s biggest benefit IMO is that it’s ‘easier’ more convenient. If it’s a struggle to do, then it’s not really doing it’s job. I think you get most of, if not all, the same benefits from limiting carbs to certain window, instead.

Good work in here though, keep it up.

Stinger I would try eating more meals, and make them smaller. 3500 calories in two meals isn’t going to be easy on the ole digestive tract

[quote]moogweasel wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
haha awesome that you are getting him to do legs twice[/quote]

kids these days are scared of hard work![/quote]

Hey fella

Good job, looks like a sound plan, very JM - like, which is by no means a bad thing. That’s why I love this site - plenty of knowledgable chaps willing to help others.
I’ll be following for sure. That dudes gonna be limping like he’s shat a brick sideways the day after his second leg workout me thinks…

Again, nice one

Moog[/quote]

thanks man, yeah the routine is very Meadows influenced. I basically just gave the guy the same routine I do.

[quote]stinger70 wrote:
Diet varies every day really in terms of what i actually eat. I have been taking 4 scoops of whey with milk, fruit smoothie, oats and EVOO (depending on time of day) split over 2 shakes. The rest of my calories are made up from 2 big meals, 60-100g protein each and enough carbs and fats to hit a rough calorie goal. If i don’t have a calorie goal at all, i just WILL NOT eat enough. What i think is a lot, is not enough. If it’s written down there as a target, i just force myself to hit it one way or another. Even doing this, i’ve only gained 1-2lb since i started this program and that’s force feeding myself at times to an extent i would think would make me fat if i was doing it without tracking.

My main protein sources are steak, ground beef, eggs (but not that many), beef sausage, rarely chicken because i don’t really like anything i cook myself with chicken.

For carbs i’ve been eating a lot of potatoes but also found those microwave rice packs to be pretty handy. The vegetable pilau rice and stuff is pretty tasty and doesn’t have any nasty ingredients. I do eat wholewheat bread and pasta but not daily.

I aim for roughly 5 portions of fruit / veg per day sometimes i get a little less sometimes i get 7 or 8.

I’ve kind of been put off my food by the stomach problems. Today all i’ve had is a 4 egg and sausage omelette after training, and some fruit smoothie. Don’t feel like cramming in 3500 calories at all right now.

Oh yeah, i also supplement with 3-4g EPA/DHA fish oil per day and a multi. I just realised i forgot all about the vitamin D you mentioned originally.[/quote]

That shake would put me on the toilet for hours.
I’ve had problems with oats, whey, and milk before, but I do have a very sensitive stomach.

Personally back when I drank a lot of whey it would make me so bloated that I had to force feed my next meal, which in turn, made me want to die.
Since switching to MAG-10 I don’t have the problem anymore.
Now I’m able to eat 5500kcals a day without feeling even a little sick.

Making sure to have a good balance of red and white meats, avoiding just about all dairy, and cutting out gluten has been pivotal as well.

So, there’s a little food for thought.
I know how shitty digestive problems can make you feel.
I’ll help anyway I can.

stats after one month…

Weight: 184lbs > 185
Waist: 31.5 > 32
Chest: 41 > 41
Arms 14.25 > 14.25
Legs 24.25 > 24

[quote]stinger70 wrote:
stats after one month…

Weight: 184lbs > 185
Waist: 31.5 > 32
Chest: 41 > 41
Arms 14.25 > 14.25
Legs 24.25 > 24
[/quote]

strength levels?

squat is still around 100 x 5 but slightly improved form, 4 x 10 @ 60kg which is an improvement
decline DB no change
all machine movements etc have increased a bit, but i was taking it easier at first so i’m now exerting max effort on those
i’m not tracking stuff like rear delts and lateral raises, i just go by feel for those until the muscle feels trashed.

Honestly, i would usually see all those measurements increase in a month, but i would also gain 4-5lbs.

hmm ok we need to dig a little deeper.

I’d like it if you could start logging your workouts and diet. Doesn’t have to be in this thread (although I’d prefer it if it was), you can log here or start a log in the training logs section of the site, but we need to see what the situation is and I need more info.

I strongly suspect something is up with your diet

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
hmm ok we need to dig a little deeper.

I’d like it if you could start logging your workouts and diet. Doesn’t have to be in this thread (although I’d prefer it if it was), you can log here or start a log in the training logs section of the site, but we need to see what the situation is and I need more info.

I strongly suspect something is up with your diet[/quote]

I would agree and say that something is i am not eating enough. I can remember last time i bulked from mid 180’s i was taking 3700 kcal as a minimum, bodyweight x 20 for me usually. This month I tried to keep it more in line with the typical lean bulk numbers and it didn’t work.