T Nation

Anyone Watching Dexter?

Has anyone been watching this show?
I saw the last 2 episodes and it’s not half bad, but can anyone give me some more background? What kind of freak was his father? Is he really a killer, I’ve just seen him set-up his gf’s ex for a life in prison so far.
Anyone with some more info out there, fill me in. I don’t watch a lot of TV, and this show looks like it might have potential.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1279837

Will fill you in on the details

Thanks,
crap I’ve missed way too much at this point. Maybe get the books.

[quote]dianab wrote:
Thanks,
crap I’ve missed way too much at this point. Maybe get the books.[/quote]

http://www.watchtvsitcoms.com/dexter.php

There have only been 2 seasons and the 3rd doesn’t start until September-ish.

WATCH IT, seriously its good

http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/television/Dexter.html

They are all online, one of the best series I’ve seen.

I saw both seasons, and from a guy who rarely watches TV… I say it was by far the best mini-series I have ever seen.

The books wont help you much, only the first season is based on the first book. Just either buy the dvd which are cheap at walmart, or download them.

I think its one of the best shows on tv.

They certainly started it well. How can you not like a guy who’s first act is to eviscerate a pedo?

[quote]BradyZ wrote:
The books wont help you much, only the first season is based on the first book. Just either buy the dvd which are cheap at walmart, or download them.

I think its one of the best shows on tv.[/quote]

Yes I read the first book and it was good, but I knew pretty much everything (as far as WHAT A TWIST plot points) when I read it. I just finished the second book and it was great, just like the show only a touch more darkness in Dexter’s internal monologue. And the second book has nothing to do with the show in terms of plot points and victims, etc. It was great to tide me over into season 3.

My family watches it together and it’s funny that my mom, who is a nurse for a Children’s Hospital, goes to church 3 times a week, and doesn’t swear loves Dexter. She was so disappointed and upset when he cheated on his gf…she got mad and blamed the girl who led poor Dexter astray.

I found it funny that she’s totally fine with him being a cold blooded unfeeling monster…but CHEATING? That just won’t do…one she could accept as a innate flaw, the other a weakness of character.

Oh … umm, wait… I thought you meant dexters lab. my mistake.

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
Oh … umm, wait… I thought you meant dexters lab. my mistake.[/quote]

DEEDEE WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY LABORATORY

[quote]MikiB wrote:
Molotov_Coktease wrote:
Oh … umm, wait… I thought you meant dexters lab. my mistake.

DEEDEE WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY LABORATORY[/quote]

FUCKIN SHIT UP OF COURSE

Dexter is the best show on TV. I hardly watch anything else but have seen every episode twice, once by myself and another time when I convinced a couple friends to go through and watch seasons 1 and 2 with me.

I shudder to think how bad the show must seem on CBS though.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
Dexter is the best show on TV. I hardly watch anything else but have seen every episode twice, once by myself and another time when I convinced a couple friends to go through and watch seasons 1 and 2 with me.

I shudder to think how bad the show must seem on CBS though.[/quote]

I found the episodes online. They cut out a lot of the swearing, which is weird because when CTV ran the Sopranos, it was uncut. Usually when Canadian TV runs a good series, they leave in everything. S’all good though, I’ll watch it online.
Thanks for the info!

I regarded Dexter as the best show of all time until I saw Trailer Park Boys.

[quote]medevac wrote:

My family watches it together and it’s funny that my mom, who is a nurse for a Children’s Hospital, goes to church 3 times a week, and doesn’t swear loves Dexter. She was so disappointed and upset when he cheated on his gf…she got mad and blamed the girl who led poor Dexter astray.

I found it funny that she’s totally fine with him being a cold blooded unfeeling monster…but CHEATING? That just won’t do…one she could accept as a innate flaw, the other a weakness of character.[/quote]

It wasn’t exactly cheating cause they had broken up. Anyways I’m glad I got to see those pearly white tits.

Hurrah for boobs!

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Hurrah for boobs![/quote]

I’m another fan. I can’t sit still for most tv shows but this one I love. For me it’s the internal dialogue. Kind of dry, dark and funny as hell.

Its one of my favorite shows of all time.