Anyone Vegan?

These guys don’t look to bad. Just curios if anyone has been successful as a vegan bodybuilder. I know Bill Pearl was.

Honestly, he’s pretty dense for a vegan. What do you guys think about building muscle without animal protein?

www.muskelschmiede.de/forum/30042-avi-r-lehyani.html

www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bios

Maybe I need to rethink this whole vegan thing…

Bill Pearl built himself prior to becoming a vegan. I hate this topic so much.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Bill Pearl built himself prior to becoming a vegan. I hate this topic so much.[/quote]

FYI…I’m not a vegan advocate. Just curious. Also- I know his history. There are many topics I hate as well. I don’t reply to the ones I hate.

As GetSwole stated, Pearl became a vegetarian around the age of 40. Apart from that, his diet is lacto-ovo vegetarian, i.e. he eats eggs and dairy products.

You can get essentials by combining different fruits and veggies. It’s tedious, but a dedicated vegan bodybuilder can certainly do it. Of course, vegans who gorge whey and BCAAs on a massive scale would definitely get their aminos for muscle growth.

[quote]2274 wrote:
You can get essentials by combining different fruits and veggies. It’s tedious, but a dedicated vegan bodybuilder can certainly do it. Of course, vegans who gorge whey and BCAAs on a massive scale would definitely get their aminos for muscle growth.[/quote]

Isn’t whey a dairy-based protein? If a vegan bber was downing a shit ton of whey, I would consider him more of a hypocrite than vegan.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
2274 wrote:
You can get essentials by combining different fruits and veggies. It’s tedious, but a dedicated vegan bodybuilder can certainly do it. Of course, vegans who gorge whey and BCAAs on a massive scale would definitely get their aminos for muscle growth.

Isn’t whey a dairy-based protein? If a vegan bber was downing a shit ton of whey, I would consider him more of a hypocrite than vegan.

[/quote]

Being a hypocrite is “in”

Jason Ferruggia is now one and says he never felt that good and didn’t lost anything he gained through the years.

[quote]PHGN wrote:
Jason Ferruggia is now one and says he never felt that good and didn’t lost anything he gained through the years.[/quote]

i like how they say that AFTER they made their gains.

Let’s see a fucking bark chomper get huge while still being a vegan.

Not going to happen.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
PHGN wrote:
Jason Ferruggia is now one and says he never felt that good and didn’t lost anything he gained through the years.

i like how they say that AFTER they made their gains.

Let’s see a fucking bark chomper get huge while still being a vegan.

Not going to happen. [/quote]

Exactly. I’d love to see anyone really gain a big, or even respectable base and be only vegan. I don’t want to bash anyone else’s beliefs, but veganism and bodybuilding are just not compatible.

The only way I see a vegan getting big is IF they can absorb soy protein really well… As we all know that some folks can absorb whey and meat protein at higher rates that others so if and the big thing is IF you can absorb soy, well; then you got a chance…

As for Whey Vegans will not eat any milk or eggs… Funny cuz most vegans I have come across are very liberal in there thinking and an embryo in a chicks womb is not a baby but an chicken egg is a chicken… oh well…

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Maybe I need to rethink this whole vegan thing…[/quote]

how are her calves bigger than her thighs?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:
Maybe I need to rethink this whole vegan thing…

how are her calves bigger than her thighs?[/quote]

I never made it down that far in the picture

If u eat whey and eggs, that makes u a vegitarian. not a vegan…

[quote]rainjack wrote:
2274 wrote:

[/quote]

not really,as they are not eating MEAT.

wait,
I take that back,vegan ya they would not be a vegan because the term vegan is to not have any animal products at all.

your right RJ they would be vegitarians though becasue main staples would be plant products.

I tried it before and it did not agree with me.
and in defferent degrees too
I tried more vegies
no meat only eggs and milk
nothing but plants,protein sources was miso and tofu ect
the raw thing sprouting beans,which I got sicker than crap once eating bean sprouts,I like them but something was off that day

I am much better off personaly if I eat mainly animal products
like now I eat steak and milk not much else.and feel great.
I only eat my vegies to keep the back door working right.

Supposedly this guy was not only vegan at the height of his training but a pure fruitarian at some points during his training.

I am skeptical but who knows.

http://www.musclememory.com/show.php?a=Cahling,+Andreas

I am not a vegan and think it is effective at inflating the egos of idealist or in conjunction with reduced calories at depressing the bodily forces for an ascetic pursuing spiritual experience through the stress of malnutrition.

The accepted theory among anthropologist is that high energy foods from animal sources and the mental stress required by group hunting are the primary stimulus that gave rise to the human energy intensive brain and greatly reduced digestive system(in comparison to the great herbivorous primates).

Veganism is quite possibly a regression of evolution.

That said eccentric lifestyles at odds with society and even biology can have there own rewards but it is doubtful that enhancing ones bodybuilding goals is among them.

T-Nation contributor Mike Mahler.

Interesting.

[quote]Heliotrope wrote:

Interesting.[/quote]

6’ tall and 195lbs. That’s not even kinda big. That’s normal.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Heliotrope wrote:

Interesting.

6’ tall and 195lbs. That’s not even kinda big. That’s normal. [/quote]

His level of development wasn’t what I found interesting. I agree it is a level fairly easy to achieve. I found it interesting that one of this sites contributors was a vegan and featured on the link.

I would definitely not call him a mass monster and his comment about rubbing it in that he is so much bigger than so many meat eaters was a bit much. However a six foot man that is 195 and lean is not “normal”.

If you are that size without at least some intelligent effort in the gym or a laborious lifestyle you are either fat or have excellent genetics.