Anyone Using Percision Nutrition?

Anyone here using PN? I orderd my set 2 days ago and cant wait till it gets here.

From what I understand it is more for cutting, but I plan on using the info for bulking. Either way I will learn more about nutrition.

I ordered it a few weeks ago, and love it.

I have a pretty good nutritional knowledge base already, but always looking to learn more.

I wouldn’t say your assertion for it being about cutting mainly is accurate.
It’s really an overall plan that lays out how you can tweak it to reach whatever the goal, cutting or weight gain.

In reality the principles are the same for both goals, just the details get a little different.

the part I love most of all is the gourmet nutrition book that comes with it and all the recipes and the dessert recipes.

to be honest, just 3-4 of the recipes alone were worth the price of the whole system to me. i have some decent healthy staples in my daily nutrition now that I can tweak for whatever my goal (right now it’s weight gain).

you won’t be disappointed, the only tricky thing is that you actually have to implement the information within, or it will be just another thing that collects dust.

I used to be horrible at cooking, but now a lot of people at work are trying some of my new recipes I’ve made and they’re like “man, that’s good!”

What are you favorite recipes you use regularly?

Just the names I mean, i already have the recipes.

I’m trying to bulk and PN requires you to eat very little carbs. Only time you can eat is during and after workouts. I think it’s hard to get in all your calories when you limit them like that. What are your thoughts?

Also, I like eating carbs. For instance, if I have eggs in the morning I like to eat some rye sourdough bread with it. But, if you follow it strictly that’s not allowed. I might consider it on a cut, but currently I’m not planning to follow it.

Popeye Smoothie
Chicken Pesto Pizza
PB Chocolate Shake (yogurt, calorie countdown, pb), I also throw in whey/casein
Mixed Nut Cookies
PB Cookies
Lemon Cheesecake

that’s really all I’ve done so far, and I’m content with those.

I’ve tried a few other shakes/bars and they’re ok, but the above I really like and usually eat daily.

i’ll be trying more out in the future

[quote]Digity wrote:
I’m trying to bulk and PN requires you to eat very little carbs. Only time you can eat is during and after workouts. I think it’s hard to get in all your calories when you limit them like that. What are your thoughts?

Also, I like eating carbs. For instance, if I have eggs in the morning I like to eat some rye sourdough bread with it. But, if you follow it strictly that’s not allowed. I might consider it on a cut, but currently I’m not planning to follow it.[/quote]

have you read the individualization part of the guide? this is where it talks about how to systemically add carbs based on weight gain, but I will say that if you’re like me and have hard time gaining weight, restricting any nutrient will make it tougher to meet your caloric needs.

I include carbs at breakfast, PWO, and sometimes even in the evening. it’s an easy way to add calories

I was going based on the 7 habits, which state to only eat carbs after workouts. I guess that only applies to overweight individuals. I thought it seemed a little extreme.

Anyway, sounds good…because I’m an ecto, but I do have a bit of a belly (skinny fat). Sounds like I need to take in a moderate amount of carbs (40%).

Can I eat carbs before my workout? Berardi recommendings eating them during the workout. I like to cook up a cup of dry oatmeal before my workout. I’m not a big fan of eating/drinking during my workout.

It doesn’t say you can’t have carbs at other times. It says “Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.”

You can have carbs at every meal, simply most meals are veggies and fruit.

Also, like jehova said, there is the individualization guide. It talks low carb, low cal, adding carbs, etc.

And these rules hold fast for MOST people, obvisouly some ectomorphic types need some more carbs, but these are some rules that I bet most ecto’s could live by as well, and gain/lose like everyone else.

Digity,

I bought Berardi’s book “From Scrawny 2 Brawny” and he recommended a Carb/Protein/Fat ratio of 50/30/20. So I’ve actually been following that for almost 2 months, and have been experiencing decent gains (about 9 lbs) with very minimal fat increase. Just an FYI…

I’m currently aiming for 40/30/30 (c/p/f).

Just got it in the mail today and skimmed through it. If tommarow is a snowday I will read it cover to cover.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Popeye Smoothie
Chicken Pesto Pizza
PB Chocolate Shake (yogurt, calorie countdown, pb), I also throw in whey/casein
Mixed Nut Cookies
PB Cookies
Lemon Cheesecake

that’s really all I’ve done so far, and I’m content with those.

I’ve tried a few other shakes/bars and they’re ok, but the above I really like and usually eat daily.

i’ll be trying more out in the future[/quote]

Hey I dont have some of those recipies! Did he change it again? I want chicken pesto pizza! and lemon cheesecake too. Please post these too…I already gave Berardi my cash damn it