T Nation

Anyone Using Carb Cycling?

I’ve read over the Carb Cycling Codex a few times, and the recommendations are straightforward but nevertheless confusing.

It says to consume half your daily carbs directly after training, and a quarter of them 60-90 minutes after. Now for me this works out to 175 grams of carbs directly after training and another 85 or so an hour later.

Mother of god.

I realize CT wouldn’t say it accidentally, but it still seems slightly excessive to my less educated brain. Essentially, I would be taking in about 1300 calories in the span of an hour and a half with protein and whatnot included.

So my question is, have other users been consuming this many carbs PWO?

That DOES seem excessive to me but if you’re looking to gain I would try it and then scale back if you’re putting on too much fat.

[quote]Carbon-12 wrote:
I’ve read over the Carb Cycling Codex a few times, and the recommendations are straightforward but nevertheless confusing.

It says to consume half your daily carbs directly after training, and a quarter of them 60-90 minutes after. Now for me this works out to 175 grams of carbs directly after training and another 85 or so an hour later.

Mother of god.

I realize CT wouldn’t say it accidentally, but it still seems slightly excessive to my less educated brain. Essentially, I would be taking in about 1300 calories in the span of an hour and a half with protein and whatnot included.

So my question is, have other users been consuming this many carbs PWO?

Yea,samething with the fat intake it says for me to take in 170 grams of fat…

[/quote]