Anyone Used Mass Gainer?

Has anyone ever used mass gainer? What type of results did you get and how soon? Which are good ones?

I have been thinking about putting on some weight, or at least maintaining some weight for when I start competing.

Can you just add more food to your diet?

nuts, EVOO, coconut oil, beef, whole eggs

I used one about 10 years ago. Put on 15 lbs fairly quickly.

All fat.

Maltodextrin and whey is not too bad as a cheap pre/peri workout drink. I add some protein though.

Make your own!! Any combination of…protein, oats, peanut butter, fruit, granola, milk, im sure more will pop into my head after I submit this.

[quote]destinylaurice wrote:
Has anyone ever used mass gainer? What type of results did you get and how soon? Which are good ones?

I have been thinking about putting on some weight, or at least maintaining some weight for when I start competing. [/quote]

Post is indicative of someone in need of nutrition education as a whole.

Please post a typical day’s menu of food.

Food should be prioritized over supplements. If you need to gain, eat more. Use supplements only for convenience. If you can eat, eat.

When I first started, I used a weight gainer.

At that point in time, getting down all the necessary food in a day was extremely difficult. Forcing the needed calories down my throat in the form of a weight gainer for about 3 days allowed me to get used to the feeling of the copious consumption of food.

Since then, eating the majority of my calories in solid food has not been a problem in the least bit.

For that reason, I think weight gainers are beneficial…

[quote]get_ate wrote:
When I first started, I used a weight gainer.

At that point in time, getting down all the necessary food in a day was extremely difficult. Forcing the needed calories down my throat in the form of a weight gainer for about 3 days allowed me to get used to the feeling of the copious consumption of food.

Since then, eating the majority of my calories in solid food has not been a problem in the least bit.

For that reason, I think weight gainers are beneficial…[/quote]

Good post. They can help. They are also easy to go overboard on. I would ignore anyone saying they are all bad in all situations. Monitoring whether that’s mostly muscle or fat you are gaining is what the focus should be on.