Anyone Use Tricep Bar For Bent Over Rows?

I tried it out tonight, on a much lighter weight than what I do with a barbell and hit 2 sets of 12 reps – seriously though an incredible pump… The grip is obviously different to how it would be with a barbell, it also forces you to use a close grip.

I don’t know how effective it is, seemed pretty sweet.

Your experience/thoughts?

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
I tried it out tonight, on a much lighter weight than what I do with a barbell and hit 2 sets of 12 reps – seriously though an incredible pump… The grip is obviously different to how it would be with a barbell, it also forces you to use a close grip.

Your experience/thoughts?[/quote]

You mean the EZ bar?

I think pushharder does that? Don’t quote me on that, though, ask him…

Used ez bar in periodes, just to mix things up. both me and a training partned liked it, we also used light weights. Maybe since it different grip(closer then normal and the angel), you suprise the body .Anyhow, reacon its okay to mix things up sometimes :slight_smile:

So you’re the bastard that took it! Damn you, I was going to endless sets of 50 ib curls and lying extensions then look longingly at my hawt abs and 15 inch gunz. I had to settle for going homw, watching Miley Cyrus and touching myself in a familiar yet clumsy manner. You jerkface!

I use the EZ bar as well, but only on occasion, as using the traditional barbell style allows for greater load. The change up is necessary, but I wouldn’t rely solely on the EZ bar just because of a great pump. Pump isn’t directly correlated with strength and mass gain, but definitely provides motivating force during a session. Feels great, we all know that. The EZ bar bent over rows, now that you know you like them and the feel of the lift, can now be a useful tool in your arsenal. I stuck with EZ bar bent over rows for a month or two at one point and had great success with it, unfortunately you will get to a point where the required load will be too much for the EZ bar, and you will need to continue with a regular barbell or other alternatives that fit your preference. But, as a change of pace, angle, grip, etc…very good lift.

I’m pretty sure he’s talking about this bar…

Actually I have done this if he does mean the tricep bar, but I like the trap bar better. I have a 5 foot olympic bar I sometimes use for this too.

[quote]Dabba wrote:
I’m pretty sure he’s talking about this bar…[/quote]

Either way, it works. EZ bar, tricep bar who gives a piss…

[quote]TBuck5 wrote:
Dabba wrote:
I’m pretty sure he’s talking about this bar…

Either way, it works. EZ bar, tricep bar who gives a piss…[/quote]

I would assume the OP, since he made a thread about a specific bar.

Funny you say this, I tried it last wednesday as neutral pulling is easier on my elbows at the moment.

• it’s not comfortable starting as up my deadlifting stance would be where the plates go
  • you won’t fit to many plates on most
  • think the grip is a bit too narrow for me

If I had a home gym, a triton bar would be better.