Anyone Use Foam Box Squats?

anyone use these and like them? also what material did people use for their foam i dont want to blow over 100$ on an efs foam pad plus 40 shipping.

Check out Mark “JackAss” Bell. He has a ‘Never Enough Squat’ DVD and utilizes foam in the video while performing box squats. He also mentions what kind of foam he uses. You can even send him a PM on his website forum. Check him out.

will do thanks man

I use a foam archery target I got from Dicks Sporting goods. Cost me $30. One of those layered deals. It’ll let me sink in about 1-2" kind of like a free squat in my suit. It works ok I guess.

Any closed-cell foam will work great. Those cheapo camping sleeping pads (if you’ve ever used one for camping, your concur on how much they suck) you can buy at Walmart or Target for like $8 can be folded over a few times to make an ok pad.

It makes for a pad thats about 2 inches thick or so- not as thick as the EFS profuct and probably not as effective in changing the training effect. I like this because it reduces the jarring effect of box squats on my frail aging body. I think if you bought two of the pads and did a little trimming with a box cutter and taped the layers together you could get some thing very similar to the EFS product- like 4 inches thick for under $20 of cost.

[quote]Pinto wrote:
Any closed-cell foam will work great. Those cheapo camping sleeping pads (if you’ve ever used one for camping, your concur on how much they suck) you can buy at Walmart or Target for like $8 can be folded over a few times to make an ok pad.

It makes for a pad thats about 2 inches thick or so- not as thick as the EFS profuct and probably not as effective in changing the training effect. I like this because it reduces the jarring effect of box squats on my frail aging body. I think if you bought two of the pads and did a little trimming with a box cutter and taped the layers together you could get some thing very similar to the EFS product- like 4 inches thick for under $20 of cost. [/quote]

genious, ill orbably be doing that today thanks man

[quote]LeanCarlosBrown wrote:
Check out Mark “JackAss” Bell. He has a ‘Never Enough Squat’ DVD and utilizes foam in the video while performing box squats. He also mentions what kind of foam he uses. You can even send him a PM on his website forum. Check him out.[/quote]

I work out at supertraining, and while we have the foam pads from EFS (both the soft blue and the hard black one, errr) we also have just random foam squares around, about 2 inches thick and about 18x18 inches.

We use all of them for tons of stuff… box squats, shove them under your elbows on floor press, not smashing your dick on the reverse hyper, wedging in front of your knees on the GHR if you’re in between holes, etc…

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
LeanCarlosBrown wrote:
Check out Mark “JackAss” Bell. He has a ‘Never Enough Squat’ DVD and utilizes foam in the video while performing box squats. He also mentions what kind of foam he uses. You can even send him a PM on his website forum. Check him out.

I work out at supertraining, and while we have the foam pads from EFS (both the soft blue and the hard black one, errr) we also have just random foam squares around, about 2 inches thick and about 18x18 inches.

We use all of them for tons of stuff… box squats, shove them under your elbows on floor press, not smashing your dick on the reverse hyper, wedging in front of your knees on the GHR if you’re in between holes, etc…[/quote]

what did you use for the foam squares?