Anyone Try P90x?

What do you guys think about P90X and…did some of you ever tried or is practicing P90x religiously?

I got the whole P90X system for only $19.99 from ebay the guy gave me a link to download it (the link expires after you download it or I would give it here the system works great in my oppinion.

even though its sold in infomercial form, i think we should give it its due respect, from what ive seen the guy who made it knows what he’s talking about.

I mean, he’s got people doing pull ups, overhead presses, rows, etc. Lots of the stuff we advocate here at T-Nation.

Also, anything that gets this fat ass country off its butt gets my stamp of approval.

–JB

i’m doing p90X along with my regular workouts - for a small, short asian woman who just started working out less than a year ago - i have DEFINITELY gotten much stronger!!! went from 0 pullups to about 25 over the course of his routines.

his jump training (pylometric) is fantastic! i just started being able to do 360 jumps - wow! what a feeling of achievement!

the workouts are intense - initially i had to hit the pause button -hardly any rest between exercises - now i can pretty much keep up with them.

i thought i hit ‘post’…

i am doing p90X along with my regular workouts - i like it. for a small asian woman working out less than a year - i’ve made tremendous strength gains - from 0 pull-ups to about 5-8 reps for each pull-up exercise - about 25-30 over the course of a workout.

it is intense. not much rest at all between sets - fast moving, incredibly intense.

his plyometric training is great - i can do 360 degree jumps now - the feeling of achievement is fantastic.

personally, i think it’s a great adjunct.

I lost a lot of muscle mass when doing P90X last summer. I lost weight but it was at least half muscle. I got noticeably weaker because of the high repetitions.

For most of us, it would be better to lift HEAVY 3 days/week, then sprint/run/fartlek 3 other days.

I give it a thumbs down. (And Tony is annoying.)

what is it?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I lost a lot of muscle mass when doing P90X last summer. I lost weight but it was at least half muscle. I got noticeably weaker because of the high repetitions.

For most of us, it would be better to lift HEAVY 3 days/week, then sprint/run/fartlek 3 other days.

I give it a thumbs down. (And Tony is annoying.)[/quote]

Wow. That’s a high freq of exercise man. I would say, for most of us it would be better to lift heavy 3 or 4 days a week and maybe do something incidental on the weekend, like a game of tennis.

I’ve trained 6 days a week before. I wouldn’t want to go back to that. It’s doable, but now I’m only lifting every 2nd day, i feel much better than I did back then.

I hate Tony.

[quote]Sxio wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I give it a thumbs down. (And Tony is annoying.)

Wow. That’s a high freq of exercise man. I would say, for most of us it would be better to lift heavy 3 or 4 days a week and maybe do something incidental on the weekend, like a game of tennis.

I’ve trained 6 days a week before. I wouldn’t want to go back to that. It’s doable, but now I’m only lifting every 2nd day, i feel much better than I did back then.[/quote]

Gotta keep the heart working. My latest is to put on boots and sprint up this pretty big hill, which is forested. Near the top, I’m basically crawling along and grabbing at roots of bushes and trees. We’ve had good snow here and ploughing through that and up that hill will really getting you puffing!

I have an advantage because I’m done teaching on MWF at 12:30. If I had a regular job, then yeah it’d be too much.

Looks like a solid program, but the secret is “muscle confusion”. WTF. For the ave. person, its probably a good program, but with all the info here you could create your own program that would work. Also, looks like the program is on VHS tape- don’t even have a VCR anymore. That being said, you have to give they guy credit for his success. Probably making a fortune showing people how to do push ups…

I did the P90x program.

In 90 days (following the workouts at 85% and the diet at 75%):
I lost 20 pounds of fat
Gained muscle mass
Lost 5 inchs off the waist alone

It is a very structured program. Working out 6 days a week, everything from major muscle groups to plyo, kickboxing and yoga. Pull ups and push ups are your friends.

Before you knock it, this is not a muscle mass oriented program. This program is for cutting weight and getting extremely fit using body weight excercises and dumbells.

Best compares to crossfit and/or tabata training.

There is nothing ground breaking or new in the video’s (push up variations/pull up variations) but I think it’s the structure and execution that sells it.

It does what it is advertised to do.
Is it worth $120…no

[quote]Sheepless wrote:
I did the P90x program.

In 90 days (following the workouts at 85% and the diet at 75%):
I lost 20 pounds of fat
Gained muscle mass
Lost 5 inchs off the waist alone

It does what it is advertised to do.
Is it worth $120…no

[/quote]

Are you for real? $120 for those results is well worth it.

I was selling the link to download it on ebay for $25 till they stopped my add

Try Ross Enamait’s stuff instead. MUCH cheaper, and in my opinion, much better.

Shit’s gay, yo. Just read CT’s articles on fat loss instead.

Or just do some bullshit military circuit training information you can get off the internet for free.

/thread and P90X hopefully forever