Anyone Try JReps?

I found this new method of training called JRep’s. Anyone know anything about it? THis is what someone said about it on another forum:

"The methodology and the detail/background as to why a person would exercise in this manner is far too detailed to explain here, which is why a book will be released late December. The people who are using it (only a handful, including myself) have never gone back to regular reps. I refuse to simplify it because the method will be bastardized, the results not nearly as good as they could be, and then the method will get a bad name. I have had numerous individuals who implemented an IART Blitz without reading the book Apex, and who then claimed the cycling direction did not work.

Well, they implemented nothing like what we explained in the book! But that did not stop people bad-mouthing the direction on the Net and possibly affecting sales and our reputation.

At age 40, my bodyweight was about 186 pounds, whereas my peak was 194 pounds at age 35 (which involved a carb depletion/load). Since implementing this method (it invokes an optimum number of muscle fibers throughout the FULL ROM… relative to the load), I have brought my weight up to 198.5 pounds, with the same waist measurement (which I find odd since my abs appear thicker than before). I use expensive body comp methodology together with flexibile steel tape measures, and have photos. I know what is happening; something I could not achieve through traditional methods.

I’m training a Canadian National level bodybuilder who, since being off roids in late August, has maintained close to the same body fat percentage, and yet weighs 16 pounds heavier (from 244 to 260 pounds), with increases in his body parts (and some body parts simply looking different and more pronounced). He has been using this methodology since the competition. Most bodybuilders shrink when off the juice… this person has maintained his hardness and has grown (it was my original intention to have him maintain as much as possible; this was unexpected).

If you think this is nothing more than marketing, then I suggest you avoid the book. And if you receive second-hand information on how to apply it, and you get ‘something’ out of it, then you can imagine the detail inside the book’s pages"

Bla bla bla…This is pure marketing hype so young idiots will throw their dollars down and but the book.

But you already know that…right?

Just keep this one fact in mind: there is NOTHING new under the sun that has not already been tried when it comes to building muscle. Just keep rotating all of the good quality routines, eat right, sleep well and save your money.

Nuff said.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Bla bla bla…This is pure marketing hype so young idiots will throw their dollars down and but the book.

But you already know that…right?

Just keep this one fact in mind: there is NOTHING new under the sun that has not already been tried when it comes to building muscle. Just keep rotating all of the good quality routines, eat right, sleep well and save your money.

Nuff said.[/quote]

words of wisdom

I agree, this sounds like pure snake-oil. Notice how they promise the world, but never once actually hint at what it is?

Anyway, reminds me of those crappy advertising pages where they make you scroll down through pages and pages of testimonials and advertisements and empty promises, then ask for your cash, without you ever knowing what you’re paying for.

WOW are J-reps even better than X-reps?

[quote]blooey wrote:
I agree, this sounds like pure snake-oil. Notice how they promise the world, but never once actually hint at what it is?

Anyway, reminds me of those crappy advertising pages where they make you scroll down through pages and pages of testimonials and advertisements and empty promises, then ask for your cash, without you ever knowing what you’re paying for.[/quote]

It’s something like this. You do the hardest 1/3rd of the rep (ie top third of a side lateral) with slow and controlled movement (2/2 rep cadence) till failure. THen you rest for 2-3 seconds and sometimes up to 10 seconds depending, then you do the second hardest 1/3rd of the rep, usually the middle part, then you rest again and finish with the easy or bottom 1/3. That’s one set.

Plus you are constantly mixing it up. Drop sets, heavy, light, supersets etc. No two weeks are the same. I tried it with 3 sets of side laterals and my shoulders have never felt such ‘deep fiber stimulation’ LOL. Seriously though, the felt it.

J-Reps? Pehleeeze…gimme a break!

This is a far better method for you:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1028038

[quote]Miserere wrote:
J-Reps? Pehleeeze…gimme a break!

This is a far better method for you:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1028038
[/quote]

lol

JReps, while superior to INNO-Sport, doesn’t hold a candle to the SHIT System.

The ‘faulty’ description of this training method is only the tip of the iceberg, of its purpose and direction. The concept is to train within zones and to milk each inch of the range of motion, so that full localized fatigue is experienced, which produces a far superior pump and muscle growth.

As important is the manner in which you move, the time spent in each zone and the control and timing of the reps, and how this coordinates with breathing.

It is suggested that JRep Zone Training is nothing more than stage reps, or halves and thirds that work from the strongest to weakest, but that is not the case as the first book clearly explains (as you can do it in a reverse method, a rest-pause method, and a reverse rest-pause method.

Consider the following:

Perform 5-6 repetitions in the bottom half of the squat, followed by 5-6 in the top half of the squat; you do this without reaching fatigue, since the weight would have allowed 12-15 mini-reps per zone. Then, with a rest pause, take 20 seconds for recovery, then proceed into thirds, whereby you work the bottom, then the middle, then the top third. However, after 5-6 in each zone you also complete about 8-10 ‘fractals’ at the top end of each zone, moving only about an inch or so while working the tension without bouncing. You would lockout for a 3-4 second rest between zones, to reduce chemical fatigue/influences.

By the time you are done this second phase, in just over a minute, there is no consideration for a second set and the pump is enormous from that one set.

Now, this method can be integrated with breakdowns, extended sets, forced overloads, etc. In other words, you can integrate different set variables within the zone training concept.

Zone training makes exercise far more effective and efficient since it can make an effective feeling exercise (when done with traditional full ROM reps) highly productive. Consider the barbell, dumbbell, or cable French press, and how lackluster the top third or half is, which no longer is the case with JReps. Its application is far more expansive than the simple example provided above, however. Take care.