Anyone Try Greens Plus?

Anyone try Greens Plus? Mentioned in JB’s most recent article. A friend of mine bought it and we each tried a glass. Surprisingly, it tasted pretty good. Hope it’s as good for you as people claim. Just looking for testimonials

Oh well, if JB recommended it then it must be pretty good.

I haven’t tried it, but also looking for opinions on it.

Also check out Ultra Greens by Nature’s Plus, that’s pretty good too.

Best place to get them? Order online? Or any shops in the US?
Thanks…

Oh yea, about the label…says it has both soy sprouts and licorice in it…thought they were no no’s

Ingredients
Calories: 35, Calories From Fat: 10, Total Fat: 1gm, Saturated Fat: 0gm, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 45mg, Total Carbohydrate: 4gm, Dietary Fiber: 2gm, Sugars: 1gm, Protein: 2gm, Soy Lecithin: 2239mg, HAWAIIAN SPIRULINA PACIFICA: 1356mg, HIGH PECTIN APPLE FIBER: 1350mg, Barley Grass Powder: 650mg, Wheat Grass Powder: 350mg, JAPANESE CHLORELLA: 350mg, HYDROPONIC SOY SPROUTS: 350mg, Brown Rice Bran: 350mg, SPROUTED BARLEY MALT: 350mg, ALFALFA GRASS POWDER: 300mg Seven Dairy-Free Probiotic Cultures: 200mg, Royal Jelly: 150mg, MONTANA MOUNTAIN REGION BEE POLLEN: 150mg, Acerola Berry Juice Powder: 115mg, Natural Vitamin E: 118IU, Red Beet Juice Powder: 50mg, DUNALIELLA SALINA: 40mg, Nova Scotia Dulse: 20mg, STANDARDIZED HERBAL EXTRACTS: 0, Milk Thistle Seed: 60mg, Echinacea Root: 60mg, Siberian Ginseng Root: 60mg, Astragalus Root: 60mg, LICORICE ROOT: 60mg, UNIQUE BOTANICAL EXTRACTS: 0, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf: 20mg, Japanese Green Tea Leaf: 20mg Full Spectrum Grape Seed And Skin: 20mg, Swedish Bilberry: 10mg

[quote]lesotho72 wrote:
Anyone try Greens Plus? Mentioned in JB’s most recent article. A friend of mine bought it and we each tried a glass. Surprisingly, it tasted pretty good. Hope it’s as good for you as people claim. Just looking for testimonials

Oh well, if JB recommended it then it must be pretty good. [/quote]

havent tried it, but i know its expensive as hell.

i would have to guess that if JB recommends it it’s pretty good. and the benefits of all the other stuff in it probably outways the little bit of soy

I’ve been using the Greens +, Multi + combo for a few years.

I like having the added protection of all those antioxidents and a full spectum of vitamins and minerals. It’s pricey but it seems to agree with me.

I just finished one of the large bottles of greens+. I take one serving in the morning and one in my post Surge. I also have a box of the individual packets, going to be very convenient while I am out of town this week for the holidays.It is now a part of my supliment regimen. Tastes good, mixes easy, I say give it a try.

Dezz

Soy sprouts, are you kidding me? Its massive quantities of soy products(proteins,beans) that would have adverse effects, or so I thought. Apparently the tiny amount of soy sprouts in the product has a wide array of health benefits. Thats like me bitching about there being soysauce in canned tuna…

Dezz

[quote]Velvet Revolver wrote:
Soy Lecithin: 2239mg, HAWAIIAN SPIRULINA PACIFICA: 1356mg, HIGH PECTIN APPLE FIBER: 1350mg, HYDROPONIC SOY SPROUTS: 350mg, Brown Rice Bran: 350mg, Seven Dairy-Free Probiotic Cultures: 200mg, Royal Jelly: 150mg, MONTANA MOUNTAIN REGION BEE POLLEN: 150mg[/quote]

Aww man, forget the Greens Plus. Too many fillers and weird shit. Probiotics, for example, are only really worthwhile in enteric-coated capsules, or they get destroyed by stomach acid. Don’t waste your money. Try this instead:

Best of Greens
http://www.livesuperfoods.com/store/agora.cgi?p_id=00010&ppinc=1a

Contains: Cereal grasses (Alfalfa juice, Wheatgrass, Barleygrass, Oatgrass) + Cruciferous vegetables (Broccoli, Cabbage, Parsley, Kale) + Algaes (Spirulina & Chlorella) + Sea vegetables (Kelp & Dulse) + Dandelion greens + Three-day old brocolli sprouts

BOG is the only “super greens” product I’ve found that’s ONLY greens, and not trying to be a jack of all trades but master of none.

But have any of you REALLY noticed (not just placebo) an EFFECT from this stuff that can ONLY be attributed to the greens+? I have almost finished a month supply as of now, and no conscious difference has been felt, so regardless of the probable long term benefits, have any of you ‘felt’ an effect from the product?

(sure, if i dont take it, i’m guarented cancer in 10yrs…but who isnt?) I just am finding it hard to shell out an extra $25 spot a month, especially for a mouth full of grass :wink:

Yes, my farts have a very “earthy” fragrance now.

Dezz

[quote]Dezz wrote:
Soy sprouts, are you kidding me? Its massive quantities of soy products(proteins,beans) that would have adverse effects, or so I thought.

Apparently the tiny amount of soy sprouts in the product has a wide array of health benefits. Thats like me bitching about there being soysauce in canned tuna…

Dezz[/quote]

There’s soysauce in canned tuna? Fuck, I’m a dead man…

i just got the greens plus.

goddamn that is some putrid nasty shit !

what do you guys to this stuff to get it down ?

no way i can drink that in plain water.
i’m mixing a half portion(1.5tsp) with v-8 and .5 tsp of cayenne and it still tastes like trash-juice. man i just don’t know if i’ll even finish the bottle.

any recipes ?

The “Super Berry” Greens + (I think that’s the name - anyway, it’s the one with the extra berry-derived anti-oxidents) is much better tasting than the original.

[quote]kane101nod wrote:

(sure, if i dont take it, i’m guarented cancer in 10yrs…but who isnt?) I just am finding it hard to shell out an extra $25 spot a month, especially for a mouth full of grass :wink: [/quote]

Im with you there. Middlemen suck! Its 30 bucks where I by it. I only take a half serving a day - This way it goes 2 months instead of one. 15 bucks a month aint bad, but there is no way Im shelling out 30 a month.

I love this stuff by the way. I know Biotest is finally jumping on the EFA thing (thank god because if you think greens is pricey, try buying CLA!) I really wish they would get a greens product out. I bet it would be half the price as the store shit and just as good if not better.

Get to it Tim!

Oh yeah - as for a recipe, try this:

2 scoops Vanilla Low-Carb Grow!
1 tablespoon Greens +
2/3 cup blueberries
1/3 cup oat bran
enough water to achieve your desired shake consistency [Or you can use something like Diet Arizona Green Tea, or blend your own green tea].

Blend.

That’s my breakfast shake, but generally I just add a tablespoon of the stuff into my Grow! shakes. I’m sure the coffee/chocolate Grow! combination would be a good mask as well.

Any new findings on Greens +. I have been taking it everyday, but I hate the taste. I mix it my morning shake, but I would rather drink protein powder from 1985 than this stuff…

I use it daily, add it to my drinks. Tastes like grass, well maybe Alfalfa, I dunno, sure is earthy. It’s ok when you get used to it. I don’t think JB would recommend it, if it was something to stay away from. He could be wrong of course, but I’d bet he looked at it in detali before speaking so highly of it.

I agree, and he gives some great information on it in his new book, “Metabolism Advantage.”

[quote]pbody03 wrote:
I use it daily, add it to my drinks. Tastes like grass, well maybe Alfalfa, I dunno, sure is earthy. It’s ok when you get used to it. I don’t think JB would recommend it, if it was something to stay away from. He could be wrong of course, but I’d bet he looked at it in detali before speaking so highly of it.[/quote]