Have you tried 20 rep squats USNS? Just for some reason, I get the impression that you haven’t. This discussion isn’t about what other programs you CAN do – this is about the effectiveness of 20 Rep squats. If you have tried them and say they are shit, then go ahead. This guy is just trying to learn more about the legendary 20 rep squats.
OP, do a search on 20 rep squats in the forums – there are a couple other threads that will give you some good information.
Here’s my thoughts:
- Very efficient for the amount of time spent training.
- Will stimulate a LOT of muscle growth in a short period of time (provided you drink your whole milk
- Your whole body will grow, but especially your thighs.
- Can easily lead to imbalances. You need to make sure that your hamstrings and butt are strong enough. After this program, you might consider a different program with legs specializing on hamstrings, butt, and abs.
- You will have to buy new clothes.
Here was my routine a few months ago: 3 days a week
- One-Arm DB Row
- 20 Rep Squat (started at 185, ended at 225)
- 20 Rep Pullover with 20 lb dumbbell (ribcage expansion if you believe in it…after this program I sure do. Works better the younger you are)
- Romanian Deadlift
- Incline Bench Press
I gained ~25 lbs in 6 weeks, but the next time I do 20 rep squats, it is essential to add some assistance work for your abs, rotator cuffs, and mobility.
PS: 20 rep squats will kick your ass. If they don’t, then you aren’t going heavy enough.