T Nation

Anyone Tried the Roizo Grip Shirt?

Has anyone tried the Roizo GripGear shirt they used at the Arnold last year? The thing looks awesome and definitely looks like it would work. It’s $70 so definitely the most expensive t-shirt I would ever consider buying lol. I’m wondering how long it lasts mostly? How many uses and washes until the grip disintegrates? If it lasts a while definitely seems worth it.

I have two of them. They are solid and don’t appear to breakdown. However, I do not wash them in with other laundry. I treat it like a knee sleeve and wash it in the sink and air dry. Also, I only wear it when I’m getting close to a competition I will be using it in, and only for the event training I’d use it in. A quick rinse and hang keeps it from smelling horrible inbetween washes. If you take care of it you’ll get more than your $70 for sure. I can see where if it’s abused It would deteriorate.

It’s great for stone of steel, log (especially the rouge log), axle, circus dumbbell etc.

I own one. Seems to hold up to washing pretty well, although i dont wash it as often as i would a regular tshirt. Slightly different from the user above, i put it in the washing machine but i air dry it as well. I use it if im getting closer to a contest with log or axle (the grip doesnt work well for me with where i shoulder a DB).

If youre new to the sport, or money is tight, it’s not $70 you HAVE to spend. But if you compete seriously, and a slight edge in competition is worth $70 to you this will give you that edge (i hesitate to call it an advantage, it’s sort of like chalking your hands before a deadlift, in that it’s more a question of removing the disadvantage)