Anyone Tried Seanol?

I certainly found this research quite intresting. Anyone had any feedback on Seanol?

Heres the research and why it might be a very compelling supplement especially for lifting fiends like many of us here are.

Heres some material I pulled off http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:u3uO7DGRxiQJ:www.jprenew.com/documents/app_A/SEANOL_APPLICATIONS_RESEARCH_OVERVIEW.pdf+seanol+and+weight+loss&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

SEANOL APPLICATIONS AND RESEARCH OVERVIEW
I.
SEANOL Chemical Structure and Anti-Oxidant Characteristics/Comparison to
resveratol and catechins
Resveratrol belongs to a well-known class of phytochemicals called flavonoids.
Flavonoids and related compounds are called polyphenols. Phenol is a simple
ring chemical:
Polyphenols are phytochemicals (plant made) with multiple interconnected phenol rings.
Flavonoids have a typical three ring structure as follows:
O
O
OH
OH
O
H
OH
OH
Quercetin

Page 2
Resveratrol has several analogues, but all share a 2-ring structure:
Catechins from green tea have 4 rings (corresponding to their 4 peaks under high-
pressure liquid chromatographic (�??HPLC) analysis):
The power of any of these antioxidants rests in large part upon their ability to capture
stray electrons from free radicals. The more rings in the phenol structure, the bigger the
electron sink. By way of analogy, it is sort of like the size of a catcher�??s mitt. Would you
want to catch a hard ball with your bare hand or with a large mitt? The larger and more
padded the mitt, the larger and higher energy balls you can catch.
Now compare the structure of the above well known phytochemicals to a newly
recognized class of polyphenols extracted from the Ecklonia cava seaweed, collectively
called �??SEANOL�??. Two of SEANOL�??s more than 13 active fractions (dieckol and PFF)
that are particularly important are provided below:

Page 3
dieckol
phlorofurofucoeckol (PFF)
One can easily see the far more complicated molecular structure and a doubling of the
rings. These molecules are an efficient electron (free radical) trap. When combined with
their much longer in-vivo effect (as discussed below), they exceed land based
polyphenols�?? (resveratrol and green tea catechins) free radical scavenging ability by 10-
100X.
The name �??SEANOL�?? comes from the source of the compounds �?? the sea. The
compounds are extracted from a brown algae called cava Ecklonia , or kajime which
grows at a depth of about 100 feet. Aside from the more complex ring structure of the
sea-based polyphenols, there is another major difference. Virtually all polyphenols from
land sources are water soluble. Like B vitamins, water soluble polyphenols have a short
half life in the body. Water soluble compounds also are absent the ability to penetrate the
blood brain barrier. SEANOL compounds are 40% lipid soluble (i.e., hydrophobic�??). This
means an ability to penetrate the blood-brain barrier, implying greater ability to get into
and protect the brain. It also means a much longer half-life in the human body, up to 12
hours compared to 30 minutes for most water soluble polyphenols. These differences
help account for significant physiological effects in the curative powers of the SEANOL
polyphenol.

This is where it really gets compelling … a study done on 150 individuals who after taking 200 mg of Seanol over the course of 2 weeks on average dropped 2 lbs of body weight, added 2 lbs of muscle and lost 4 lbs of fat!

http://www.jprenew.com/documents/app_B/SEANOL%20MiRae%20Obesity%20Clinical%20Rept.pdf

Anyway it looks very promising to say the least… anyone else got personal experience with this or any thoughts?

No but i’m very interested. The only products i can find which contain it are fibronol and a related product.